New Project Team member needed: Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator: Nominations

Kelly

We are now taking nominations for a Project Team member for the office of Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator.

The Project Team is in charge of visibility projects on AVEN. For more information about what the Project Team does, please see this link:

http://avenpt.tumblr.com/projectteam

Possible Project Team activities include:
- dealing with AVEN's media and research requests,
- managing resources,
- giving help to others with their visibility projects.

All PT positions have a duration of 2 years. If anyone steps down in that time, a new election will be held and the replacement will have a new term of 2 years.

The office that is presently in need of an officer is the Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator, described as:

Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position will be to coordinate responses to requests for advice and information that are sent to the PT and the AVEN info account via email or PM, either by forwarding to the volunteer answering team or responding themselves; the Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing responses and ensuring that all emails are answered in a timely manner. This position is well suited to someone capable of giving nonjudgmental advice and support.

In addition, the Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator will also be expected to help coordinate with volunteers to improve the AVEN wiki; possible duties include creating new pages, identifying pages that need to be improved, removing spam and malicious or inappropriate edits; and communicating with other people involved on the AVEN wiki .

Requirements: People applying for this position should have good writing and time management skills. Candidates should also have strong communication and people skills and a commitment to teamwork. A commitment to confidentiality is a must. Previous experience with wiki editing preferred but not required. The expected time commitment required varies, but on average will be around 10 hours per week.

If you think that you would be an awesome AVEN Project Team Member, please throw you hat, turnip, whatever, in here.

Eligibility rules include: a person must have been a member for at least 6 months, and have at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Area forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. The eligibility criteria for PT are precisely the same as that for an Admod. A bio is required by voting time. Election rules are here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 4 January to Thursday, 11 January: Nominations.

Thursday, 11 January to Sunday, 14 January: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 14 January to Sunday, 21 January: Voting.

This seems like a great position! 

If I hadn't run for DT last elections, I would try this one now. 

Good luck to everyone that is thinking of running! Don't hesitate, just do it! 

This looks like fun.

I really want to have an admod-type job eventually. :lol:

But I honestly know that I don't have the time right now, so I have to restrain from volunteering myself for anything until... probably mid to late 2019. I'll have more AVEN experience by then, too!

Anyway, good luck to whomever is nominated!

Who had this position previously? If we have questions about it, it'd be great to know. : ) I want to say @Aqua-ace, but I'm not totally sure. [I'm vaguely thinking about this position, but I'm not 100% that I'll have enough time to devote to it.]

1 hour ago, kelico said:

Who had this position previously? If we have questions about it, it'd be great to know. : ) I want to say @Aqua-ace, but I'm not totally sure. [I'm vaguely thinking about this position, but I'm not 100% that I'll have enough time to devote to it.]

That's correct! :D That's the position I have.

12 hours ago, Topi said:

This seems like a great position! 

If I hadn't run for DT last elections, I would try this one now. 

Good luck to everyone that is thinking of running! Don't hesitate, just do it! 

You can still run if you're staff and interested in switching to another position :D

I've been contributing to the Answering Team for a few months now, so I know how important this role is. If you're task-oriented, empathetic, and have good written communication skills, that's a great combination for this role.

7 hours ago, Jayce said:

You can still run if you're staff and interested in switching to another position :D

No, I'm happy as a DT, but I wouldn't mind being a volunteer for these teams and help whenever I can. 

3 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I've been contributing to the Answering Team for a few months now, so I know how important this role is. If you're task-oriented, empathetic, and have good written communication skills, that's a great combination for this role.

what if you are chaos-oriented, apathetic and can no write good

31 minutes ago, pook said:

what if you are chaos-oriented, apathetic and can no write good

Twitter.

Go Aqua, go!! :cake: I was really thinking hard about running, but IRL has piled things up, so that I don't think this would be the right time for me. I'd like to probably join the Q&A volunteers some time soon though and help out that way. : ) 

Good luck, Aqua!! You've been great on the team!

Archived