What does being agender mean to you?

-Lex-

I'm making a coming out video (casual just for friends and family) and I'd just like to know how other people feel about being agender.  I know it can be explained in endless ways and different explanations click for different people.  I'd love to hear your take on it and include it in my video if you give me permission.  It'd be completely anonymous, I won't even include your username unless you specifically tell me to.

Thanks guys.

(Also posted this regarding being aro and/or ace in Questions About Asexuality)

(Feel free to include this. I'd also like to see the vid when it's up)

For me? I just don't feel the need to label myself as any gender. :)

Also, if the world really insists on being gendered, then I choose not caring about that. I want to wear and do whatever I please.

There's a lot that really adds up to me being agender. Part of it is just not connecting with being male or female. On the other side, part of it is that I do connect with other nonbinary people on the level of gender. I care maybe a bit too much about how people think of me, and it just feels completely wrong when they see me and address me as male or female. 

I'd also be interested in seeing the video when it's done!

Alex the Queer

(feel free to include)  for me, it’s really just knowing that i’m not a female or a male, and overall feeling like gender just isn’t a part of me or my life in any way. it’s just not a factor of who i am in any way

arekathevampyre

Exactly this !! :)

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

(Feel free to include this. I'd also like to see the vid when it's up)

For me? I just don't feel the need to label myself as any gender. :)

Also, if the world really insists on being gendered, then I choose not caring about that. I want to wear and do whatever I please.

Keen to see your video :)

(ignore my profile gender claim unless it says agender, which I doubt it does. I have not updated it in forever. I wonder now if it even says ARO/ACE like it is supposed to)

To me, being agender is literally like if I were an alien put into a female body. This may be a little misleading because I do feel human, just not female. And I present very masculine, and I like feeling masculine, but I do not really connect with it as being me.

It is just like putting a genderless alien into a human female (for me, as I am bio female) body.

I don't care if you use that. If you do cite me, could you use my username though? I am thinking, and neutralizing my name from "Cailin" to "Cai" seems as good as it'll get.

For me it means I just want to be seen as a person, and not really as my biological gender because of my sex organs, the way I dress, behave or anything else. We are all humans right?

I also don't like society expectactions based off your sex, so being referred/considered as a girl or woman makes me very upset under certain circumstances because of what people usually expect from you. Yet I also don't identify as a boy or man, although I'm indifferent to being referred as one.

To sum it up: being agender means I just want to be myself and be seen for who I truly am.

Guys my video turned out to be waaayyyy too long so I split it into too, and I still didn't cover everything.  I'm gonna have to make a third one with all your responses and stuff to give different perspectives than just mine.  Thanks guys for responding, this is gonna be cool.

Just to be clear,  @Andiamo and @LeDeer can I use your responses?

Being agender means i can be who i want to be and that i can wear whatever i want to wear.

I don’t need to label myself as male or female, I can just be me without any limits.

Just Somebody

I'm genderfluid and sometimes I'm agender,  it just happens, sometimes I just feel like calling myself agender and that's it, simple as pie... now if you ask me why... idk, probably will never....

Janus the Fox

Not being able to see gender as it is for everyone else, being more than able to cross-dress without a second thought.  I can at times, feel a mild gender change not too far from the non-gender middle.

Archived