Marriage Preferences

Haze.

Marriage Preferences  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What would you really WANT in a marriage? (Not what you could deal with if you had to)

• I really don't want to get married.
    • I want just a platonic marriage.
    • I want just a romantic marriage.
    • I want just a sensual marriage.
    • I want a platonic and sensual marriage.
    • I want a romantic and sensual marriage.
    • I would only want to get married for legal reasons. (E.g., wanting the other person to have custody of your child automatically upon your death, joint finances, or hospital visitation.) (Not really platonic, romantic, or sensual.)
    • I don't even know right now.
    • Other. (I will comment my response.)

This poll is closed to new votes

This was a hard question to answer, but in the end I went with the legal reasons. Most likely, if I end up with a partner, it will not be a normal relationship because I am asexuality and Aromantic, and therefore, I would want to make sure we cross our "t's" and dot our "i's" legally speaking so no one can challenge the legitimacy of the relationship in the event of the death or incapacitation of one partner etc.

8 hours ago, Baam said:

I would like to order a pie-eating sensual marriage, please.

:lol::lol: I can only give you cake emoticons. :cake:

if i a married we would need to houses so that i wouldnt have to be with him all the time. id rather a 1-2 times per week hang out rather than a 24/7 living and sharing a bed kinda life. 

5 hours ago, Hazel_Elise said:

:lol::lol: I can only give you cake emoticons. :cake:

:/ I'm not satisfied with this marriage ordering system thus far! :P:cake: 

πππππππππππππππππππππππππππ

At this point in my life I don't want to get married. If I did, it would most likely be for legal reasons. 

I have been with my significant other for 8 years and can't imagine that we will ever marry. 

Elftober Country

I do not want to get married. I can only imagine doing so for legal reasons, and that's a stretch for my imagination :huh:

I would only want to get married for romantic and sensual reasons.. Basically true love but without any sexual activity whatsoever :D

Estion: What difference does marriage make when it comes to romance and sensation?

3 hours ago, Grinchmer said:

Estion: What difference does marriage make when it comes to romance and sensation?

Is this a legitimate question or a rhetorical one?

Legitimate.

(Firefox ate a Q and an u :huh:)

I don't want to get married.  I would consider getting a purely legal marriage if I were in a situation where it would be convienent, but unless I go through a huge personality change, I dont see myself ever seeking out marriage.

4 hours ago, Grinchmer said:

Legitimate.

(Firefox ate a Q and an u :huh:)

Haha, I figured the letters had accidentally been disposed of.

I'm not sure if I exactly understand the phrasing of your question, but I can try to answer it.

My survey was about what someone would want in a marriage. If you didn't want marriage at all, then the question would be kind of irrelevant. But I asked what aspects of relation people would want in their marriage (assuming they want one). So, marriage doesn't necessarily make any difference in romance or sensation. It may to some people, and it may not to other people.

If you want marriage, with romance and sensation in it, then you would choose the romantic+sensual option. If you don't see the point in getting married, as it doesn't affect your romance and sensation, you would probably choose that you don't want a marriage.

I hope that made a bit of sense.

Never say never, but as an aro-ace I can't see marriage ever happening. If it did it would be purely platonic 

I want to marry my qp because we plan to raise kids together and it's easier to do that married (less questions -_-;)

Just now, yonah said:

I want to marry my qp because we plan to raise kids together and it's easier to do that married (less questions -_-;)

Aww, good luck with your qp! (And yes, definitely easier to raise kids if you're married.)

Just now, Hazel_Elise said:

Aww, good luck with your qp! (And yes, definitely easier to raise kids if you're married.)

Thanks!! T^T It won't be for a while though

I mostly want platonic with some romantic.

I'm honestly am highly indifferent to marriage.

I definitely don't see it as something that I'll naturally pursue, I really don't get along with many people and I seem to do best on my own. If someone really wanted to marry me (as to why they would want such a thing I'm not sure) and I liked them, and y'know it would make them happy or whatever then sure. But it's not something I'd consider probable for my future.

I find marriage a contract, burocracy. If I love a person and want to get together with them, I will do it without all that. Just get a house and move in with the person or just be together, but in separate houses (I haven't thought about this yet, I tend to work on impulses, so I never make plans). Since very little this was a resolution that I had made. While everyone was talking about marriage, I just said "No, I will never marry!" and that mindset hasn't changed. 

I don't even know what platonic and romantic is, my feelings are always in the crazy blurry line that can be both or none and I never really desired to be in a relationship with someone much less marry someone. This may change (the relationship part, not the marriage) in the future, though.

I don't care about the benefits of marriage, I just find it a waste of time and money. A contract that isn't necessary, if you want to show your love for someone you can do it through actions, through words. There are so many ways to show this, that don't need a ring, a contract, marriage. Also, knowing how many divorces there are, I find it more pratical to just not go through marriage.

I can't even manage to have a relationship, so I don't know that I can answer, if I found someone who I bonded with, maybe, as this has never happened, probably never will, I think I'm destined for a single life 

AcornCarvings

I think that marriage is inherently monogamous and often monetarily based which kinda throws me off but would not be opposed to it as a means to an end like adoption.

For me there are different reasons...legal reasons taking the cake. Tax laws definintely favor the betrothed, that's all I can say. Also, affording a decent apartment where I live on just one income is a total nightmare, but with two people it's doable. 

I'd also like to have someone to come home to I suppose, someone to relax with after work and watch movies and play video games and eat dinner with and talk to. Someone I can go on double dates and events with friends with. Someone who cares about me and loves me, and vice versa. 

Also while I would enjoy living alone I imagine, it would be nice, upon reflection, to have someone there.

I always also romanticized the idea of having a family, maybe because I never had much of one. I don't want kids, but the thought of having a husband and two cats and having them be my family...it's really nice. 

I've been married 10 years now. It's a mostly sensual, partly romantic, and partly sexual thing. I'm a gray ace and while I don't think about sex (she always initiates), I also like the closeness.  She is very much romantic and sexual, which kinda throws me off sometimes because I'm mostly aromantic, but we each know the other's boundaries and do what works best for us together.

• 4 weeks later...

In theory, yes but at the same time the thought of being married to someone makes me feel trapped? So probably not.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 6.1.2018 at 1:39 AM, Spotastic said:

I've been married 10 years now. It's a mostly sensual, partly romantic, and partly sexual thing. I'm a gray ace and while I don't think about sex (she always initiates), I also like the closeness.  She is very much romantic and sexual, which kinda throws me off sometimes because I'm mostly aromantic, but we each know the other's boundaries and do what works best for us together.

Sounds like a perfect deal to me, assumed that if I might give it a try someday. Getting married a lovely but slightly overrated symbol these days *no offense*

Archived