What would you like done with your body after you die?

m4rble

EngineeRaven

Organ donation is an option I've never considered before, but now I feel it is certainly the way to go. For the other parts... Being buried in plain earth, without a coffin sounds nice, but probably has legal barriers, so a nice place in a mountainside cemetery is okay as well. I'd also like a tree to be planted on my remains. Cycle of life and all. :)

Asexual._.Blanket

I'd like my organs to be donated, and then something like this: https://urnabios.com So that in a way I can live on- in a tall, strong, peaceful tree. 

dragon_nerd

I'd like my organs donated, then cremated 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Burned in a longship, like my viking ancestors, or put into a lava flow. (Yes you read that right) :P 

Organs donated - though they're very well used and I have an extremely rare blood group so I don't really think they'll be wanted. Cremated because I don't see the point in occupying land when I'm dead, would be more environmentally friendly to be carried out by freezing but not an option at the moment...oh, and my ashes to be scattered on the River Mersey on the ebb (going out) tide NOT the flood. If I end up in Manchester I'll come back and haunt them

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Haha! Manchester hauntings!

Here, I'd like to donate organs, have as much as possible taken for body donation to science, then my daughter says she's going to visit my 'bits' when they're all pickled...but I'm sure I posted that before.

Comrade F&F

Preserved with the intention to be brought back to life.

Keep the brain, but in a new body would be a better idea 

Eaten! 

Jk

Donated to medical science then what's left of it can be burried somewhere wild. 

Comrade F&F
23 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Good point. A stronger, faster, healthier body.

StupidDream

I'm an organ donor so all my useful bits to go to someone else and the rest of me to be turned into a tree with one of those eco burial thingies. I think I'd do better as a tree than a human! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my shroud 9 feet under an isolated middle of nowhere plot. 

J. van Deijck

organ donation is something I wish I could do (I can't because of a genetic disorder that affects internal organs, too). in general, I just want to be cremated. I somehow can't stand the thought of worms eating my body.

the most of all I wish I was immortal, though.

J. van Deijck
On 18/03/2018 at 7:57 PM, Skycaptain said:

On 19/03/2018 at 7:18 PM, Feys&Florets said:

Good point. A stronger, faster, healthier body.

I love this idea 😍 (me three)

On 12/17/2017 at 9:02 AM, StormySky said:

If I die on some crazy adventurous excursion I just want to leave my body there as a warning to other adventurers.

Love this!

I wish I could just be left for the condors, but, unfortunately, the laws make that choice (and most choices) illegal.

Janus the Fox

organs automatically donated if there's any left or still good to donate, the brain of mine studied or autopsied on for autism research, buried close to family.

• 2 weeks later...
Celyn: The Lutening

I can't donate my organs, or my whole body to science, because I'm British and the Aussie government is terrified that I'll give everyone mad cow. Same reason I can't donate blood, even though I want to.

So if I die in the UK, I'm donating my body to science. Otherwise, I couldn't give a toss. Chuck it in the woods for all I care, I'll be done using it. (So I guess I'd get a default cremation. If so, I'd like to just be poured into a hole as fertiliser, not kept in a pot please).

Archived