What would you like done with your body after you die?

m4rble

What would you like done with your body after you die?

Β 

I think I would like some kind of green burial so my body can become part of new living things instead of being stuck in the earth forever. In this same vein, after death organ donation seems appealing, but I think that's only viable in specific situations where your organs would still be useful after death.Β 

I'd like to be cremated.Β  I'm still debating on whether I want to donate any organs or not.

If I die naturally I want my organs donated to help give someone else a chance at life. I then want to be cremated and for it to be as simple and cheap as possible.

Β 

If I commit suicide my organs can't be donated so just a simple cremation will do.

If my organs are healthy enough to be donated to other people then I would like that to happen. After that I want to be cremated as I have this big fear of being buried alive. My ashes can be used for whatever really

Cremation for me.

WinterWanderer

I'd prefer to be cremated, if I had to choose. Or anything besides being buried, really. I don't like the idea of someone spending thousands of dollars on a stuffy casket. There doesn't seem to be much point in spending that amount of money on a dead person.

Β 

I'm an organ donor, as well.

Green burial for me, please.Β  No embalming, no funeral.Β  I already own the gravesite near my parents, grandparents and great grandparents in the same cemetery.Β  I should print this page and put it with my important papers........

I'd donate mine to science/medicine. I won't be needing it anymore, so might as well allow some researcher or medical student to learn something from it. Plus, whole body donation programs often cover the costs of body transportation and cremation, which would save money and streamline the process for my surviving relatives as well.

somethingartsy

As a young person, no, aΒ young person, it seems super weird to think about this, but okay. To me it's a waste of money to have anything more than cremation, and I would donate my organs for sure.

Tofu Soup with Rice

Natural burial of some sort (I’m not sure).

I'd want to donate my organs and then have one of those viking funerals where my body is put in a boat and then someone shots a lit arrow at it.Β 

Freeze that shit in cryo so the eggheads can figure out how to bring me back. Death is fun and all, but not interested in doing it forever.Β 

Β 

Actual answer: Might consider donating to science, or maybe getting one of those hipster burials where you become nutrients for a tree or something.Β 

I really couldn't care less - I'll be dead after all! :)

Probably don't keep my body rotting in the streets though - that sounds like a health hazard.

Dump me somewhere, burn me, whatever.

Β 

In the unlikely case that I die in an environment where organ donation after death is viable, I guess that'd be nice. (which is usually just accidents with fast first responders - organ donation after regular cardiac death isn't really a thing unless you die in a hospital that is properly equipped for it)

Residentshadow

I worked that out agesΒ ago. I am to be cremated, my ashes are to be mixed with a bag of potting soil and I'll be used to plant fruit trees for my family.

38 minutes ago, somethingartsy said:

As a young person, no, aΒ young person, it seems super weird to think about this, but okay. To me it's a waste of money to have anything more than cremation, and I would donate my organs for sure.

You're never too young to start thinking about death.Β 

A shard of glass

I'd want my body to be turned into burgers... then bury the burgers... just to confuse archaeologists in the future

RoseGoesToYale

Body suit infused with seeds. I want trees and flowers commemorating the site, not a ridiculously expensive headstone.

Compost me, please. If any of my organs are still of use they can have those first.

I'd want for my organs to be donated and then the rest of my body to be cremated. Then I'd want my ashes to be used as part of the soil on which a beautiful tree would be planted, like Japanese cherry or something like that.Β 

Actually, I can't donate my organs because I have EDS. I don't think they would accept them.

Β 

Cremation and ashes scattered somewhere I enjoyed visiting. There probably won't be anyone to scatter them though.

33 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

*huggles*Β 

*sighs*Β 

Β 

Β 

*hugs*

Β 

I should mention I'm not looking for sympathy when I say it. I have simply tried to work through my issues and what I want is impossible so it's game over for me. I'm a waste to this world now. Of no use.

arekathevampyre
4 minutes ago, The Unknown Warrior said:

Β 

I should mention I'm not looking for sympathy when I say it. I have simply tried to work through my issues and what I want is impossible so it's game over for me. I'm a waste to this world now. Of no use.

Oh no . you must have misunderstood me . I know how you feel and it sucks to be honest . I am just sending hugs because I can relate to you .Β 

Archived