The Dreadful Impending News Years Resolutions

Megane

Its that time of the year aggaiinnn :D...damnit -_-. So lets get this over with- what are your new years resolutions? Are you starting them now or are you waiting for the new year? Are they traditional ? Personally or none of the above mines are a cluster of thing;

*make my hair heathly enough to split dye

*work on new wardrobe 

* gets driver licence 

* learn a language 

* finally get an apartment 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

For me:

• Go to mass more often
  • Get back into school
  • Work on wardrobe
  • Get health in order
  • Continue with great weight loss
  • Volunteer more.
J. van Deijck

I don't think I have any. maybe reaching my goal weight only? 

WinterWanderer

I'm not going to make any resolutions.

I have made some in the past, with varying success. I once went a year without chocolate (excluding white chocolate, because I used to be addicted to the stuff). :P And I've set goals before, mostly spiritual in nature (read the Bible more, pray more, etc.). But overall, New Year's resolutions have never added any meaning to my life. And since I quit my faith, there's not much that I actually want to try to improve in myself on a personal level.

If anything, I would probably set some kind of positive goal, like "eat more veggies" or "get my first full-time job," but there's not much point in either of those. I have no idea what next year will bring, let alone what I'll be eating, whether I'll be starting my career, or even where I'll be living. My entire life is up in the air.

I don't really have New Year's resolutions. I set up new goals whenever they occur to me. Whenever I remember my Scout promise I feel motivated to change some smaller or bigger things in my life, just because it's promise I made and I feel bound to it, you know?

Right now, I'm trying to have more goals and concrete plans to work towards; I want to be more goal-oriented than I used to be.

Currently I'm also watching a lot of School of Life videos which help me to reflect on myself and my life. This one really inspired me today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPOuIyEJnbE  It's very interesting from an ace or aro point of view.

Another great vid (and way shorter than the previous one) on confidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tk82hEHNnY

Real Estate RICO

I would say "cut out toxic people," but I've already gotten a head start on that one since leaving the hospital.

I'm thinking along the lines of these:

Get under 200 for the first time since I was 19.. for my own damn self

Be more selfish

Get out of this toxic situation for good

Cut social media intake down significantly because that's been the root cause of my bitterness/inability to enjoy things I used to. In fact, that's the reason why I went on this tirade a few months ago.

Watch (a lot) more Lucha and American Indy wrestling

For me:

- Not to live life for my parents' expectations and the stuff they try to push me into.

Never make another resolution. Try and be more spontaneous because the more you plan the more your plans are disrupted and the angrier you get. Anger leads to the dark side, and you become Sith and your hand gets cut off by your dad and you have to live with a little green guy who probably smells bad in a swamp. 

I don't do New Year's resolutions. If I want to change something about myself I just do it no matter what time of year it is :P. I don't think I need to change anything about myself right now though.

RoseGoesToYale

All of my new year's resolutions fall through. Used to be every year I'd resolve to get a boyfriend and it never happened. This year I resolved for the year to be less insane. Next year, I will resolve to make another new years resolution, so when it falls through, I'm off the hook permanently.

My New Year's Resolution will be to cut my soda intake by 33%. Which will limit me to a can at breakfast and a can at supper.

Luftschlosseule

Since I grew up with everyone making resolutions instead of doing the things, I don't do resolutions.

I am more a keep calm and carry on kind of person.

I've had the same new years resolutions for about 5 years now, I've never been able to get through a whole year without breaking most of them, which is a pain D: These are mine anyways:

• Stop biting my nails
  • Keep my weight at a somewhat consistent level, no matter how stressed I get
  • Try and actually get work completed well before the deadline (which will help lessen the above habits)
  • Ask for help if needed
  • See my friends more (I'm very introverted, and love my own company, lol)

On 12/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, ABryonJ.maybe said:

Never make another resolution. Try and be more spontaneous because the more you plan the more your plans are disrupted and the angrier you get. Anger leads to the dark side, and you become Sith and your hand gets cut off by your dad and you have to live with a little green guy who probably smells bad in a swamp. 

This is the best suggestion I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh too. :lol:

Find a new hobby or a new interesting subject to search and immerse myself.

Decide what I want for the future and resolve my unclear situation.

I would like to find a way to volunteer in a place with kids. I'm feeling this more recently.

Learn to like myself more and get more confident about myself.

I had another idea, but I forgot about it. Probably wasn't that important. :D

paperbackreader

To accept and not get upset that you can't always change things for the better but to try anyway, calmly, and reservedly, in spite of the difficulties. 

Mine is to lose weight. I've been overweight (not obese) for almost my entire life, and I'm sick of it. I hate being fat, and I really don't want to end up with diabetes or heart disease due to my lifestyle. I've already tried losing some weight lately by cutting out soft drinks and eating less takeaway, but with Christmas coming up I think it's best if stop and continue it next year (ya know, because what's the point of trying to lose weight while your eating Christmas dinners and lunches). I'm also going to try and exercise more, which is going to be the toughest part for me. 

I also want to get a job. I mean, I'm 19 (almost 20) and I still don't have one. Makes me feel really worthless and lazy.

I resolve to exist for at least one planck time in the year of the common era 2018.

20 hours ago, ~Smugleaf~ said:

Mine is to lose weight. I've been overweight (not obese) for almost my entire life, and I'm sick of it. I hate being fat, and I really don't want to end up with diabetes or heart disease due to my lifestyle. I've already tried losing some weight lately by cutting out soft drinks and eating less takeaway, but with Christmas coming up I think it's best if stop and continue it next year (ya know, because what's the point of trying to lose weight while your eating Christmas dinners and lunches). I'm also going to try and exercise more, which is going to be the toughest part for me. 

I also want to get a job. I mean, I'm 19 (almost 20) and I still don't have one. Makes me feel really worthless and lazy.

If you want tips, I've been losing weight, with simple changed that go a long way. 

I have the same resolution as you, and I'd be willing to offer some support.

4 minutes ago, Yato said:

If you want tips, I've been losing weight, with simple changed that go a long way. 

I want some tips! I really want to loose a bit weight but I'm kinda ill and can't exercise so it's difficult -.-

Just now, cinary said:

I want some tips! I really want to loose a bit weight but I'm kinda ill and can't exercise so it's difficult -.-

First, tell my your typical diet and daily routine. I'll see what you can change to optimize your body's natural ability to lose weight. 

I don't want to derail this thread though, so if you can pm me, that would be great.

Archived