Quoiromantic?

Alrighty_then

Alrighty_then

I've recently discovered the term quoiromantic, which seemingly describes me perfectly.

The thing is, I do want to have a romantic relationship, but I doubt that I'll ever be able to experience this.

So is quoiromantic a permanent thing? Or just a short term orientation?

-A pretty distressed potato

It depends. Some people may be able to figure out their orientation more specifically, while others may stick with quoiromantic. Just give it time and see what happens.

53 minutes ago, Alrighty_then said:

So is quoiromantic a permanent thing? Or just a short term orientation?

Hey there! First off, love your profile picture. XD I love anything and EVERYTHING Harry Potter.

Anyways. Onto your question! Thing is, I identified as a quoriomantic for a little bit until I eventually was able to discern between attractions... or at least, what is platonic and what may NOT be (still figuring that other part out :P). Everyone is different! Some may identify as quioromantic, demiromantic, or aromantic for life, but others only do so for a short amount of time until they discover an orientation that describes them/fits them better. 

Quioromantic doesn't hold a very good stance with some people because they say that quioromanticism just stems from internalized homophobia and the difficultly with telling the difference between attractions (which is the point, but since when have exclusionists has a sound argument? XD) - claiming that it's likely you will figure it out when you grow older and there's no need for it.

I say that's not the case because what matters now is how you feel now. Quioromantic, like any orientation, can be life-long or for a short amount of time. It all depends on you. Right now if it fits you, it fits you. Go with your gut! :D

Archived