I'm just gonna wing it...

smack12776

Greetings,

My name is Mack and I'm brand new here but wanted to introduce myself. I live in Flagstaff, Arizona, I'm 41 and identify as androgyne and asexual and it's wonderful. I've not been asexual my entire life, only the past 5 years and at first did not even realize there were 'words' for what I was feeling and becoming and being. And although I'm defined in that sense, in a non-verbal sense I have no desire to truly be defined. Ever. I enjoy the freedom of fluidity.

About me, okay let's see. I'm divorced and a mother of two grown sons who currently are both enrolled in college. I am a teaching assistant and doctoral student at a college in Prescott, Arizona. I study and teach in the field of humanities but my specific interests are religion, spirituality, and the environment. I always gently remind people that although I teach and study religion, that does not make me religious :ph34r:. I have explored topics related to systems of oppression and identity, religion and ecology, and gender studies for example, I've completed research on androgyny in sacred literature, as well as, rituals and society. I'm happy to discuss my interests with anyone, and LOVE doing so, I've truly found my life's work and I'm intrigued by the board here on intersectionality so I will probably be buzzing around there quite often.

And I also like to have fun:

I hike and on occasion ride ATV's and horseback ride.  I garden in a community garden and grow plants in my home that I speak too and kiss and dance for, I am the consummate roadtripper, and am a foil fencer. I like live music (jazz, blues, folk, world), love animals, and volunteer in my community when my time and health will let me. I read (a lot), really enjoy soy green tea lattes, and am pretty good at being present and sitting still.

Nice to meet you all.

Mack

Welcome on Aven Mack! And I'm gald to meet a fellow horse rider :D And you sound like ou know a lot of super interesting stuff! Enjoy the AVEN community!

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "horse cake"

Welcome! :) I hope you find this forum enjoyable and helpful.

Image result for garden cake

Welcome! Wow, it sounds like you've done so many wonderful things with your life. You sound so relaxed and friendly too :D 

rainbow+wedding+cake+6.jpg

I'm from Arizona too! I haven't been up to Flagstaff in so long though. I definitely need to do it soon, it's nice up there. Anyway, welcome! 

6eeb67d75c195a9a466184bf266b7ed6.jpg

Archived