18 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Wear An Ace Ring?

• Yes, I wear one everyday.
    • Yes, I wear one a lot.
    • Yes, I wear one sometimes.
    • Yes, I wear it but not very much.
    • No, but I want to purchase one.
    • No, I am just not that interested.
    • No, I do not want to be outed as asexual.
    • Other (feel free to explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 04:59 PM

Hello everyone my name is Nate and I just recently joined the AVEN community in late November. I have never met so many kind, intellectual, and respectful people in an online community before and would like to thank you for making this place safe. 

I feel like people here understand me better and I am tempted to buy a black ring so I can remember that I am not alone and have AVEN. So, I have a question for all of you, do you wear a black ring?

Apathetic Echidna

About 2 months ago I came across a ring set. Two black rings and a silver ring. Just bands. Very simple. I got them because I haven't worn rings for a while and wanted to get back into the habit so I could pull out my larger chunky rings again. I didn't even think about the asexual use of the rings at that point. 

I now wear a black and a silver on my left ring finger and one black on my left index. So technically the arrangement makes it confusing, like hiding a tree in the forest. Probably doesn't help that I wear a cheap spectrum gold and diamond engagement ring on the middle finger on my right hand, which I think says more about being aromantic even if it is not an identifier.....especially when I give people the finger. If someone asked about it though I would explain I am asexual spectrum. I have purposefully left the black ring on my ring finger in case anyone recognises and wants to ask. Maybe it will make a shy closeted asexual happy seeing it knowing there are some of us in this city (apparently there is at least 5 a-spectrum peeps here, at least 3 of us wear rings. The community is so small we sort of need all the possible solidarity we can get)

1 minute ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

About 2 months ago I came across a ring set. Two black rings and a silver ring. Just bands. Very simple. I got them because I haven't worn rings for a while and wanted to get back into the habit so I could pull out my larger chunky rings again. I didn't even think about the asexual use of the rings at that point. 

I now wear a black and a silver on my left ring finger and one black on my left index. So technically the arrangement makes it confusing, like hiding a tree in the forest. Probably doesn't help that I wear a cheap spectrum gold and diamond engagement ring on the middle finger on my right hand, which I think says more about being aromantic even if it is not an identifier.....especially when I give people the finger. If someone asked about it though I would explain I am asexual spectrum. I have purposefully left the black ring on my ring finger in case anyone recognises and wants to ask. Maybe it will make a shy closeted asexual happy seeing it knowing there are some of us in this city (apparently there is at least 5 a-spectrum peeps here, at least 3 of us wear rings. The community is so small we sort of need all the possible solidarity we can get)

I know that would make my day. :D

Cobaltprincess

So I used to wear one everyday but then I broke it a couple weeks. So now I need to find a new one. I really like that it’s a reminder that I’m not alone and I can’t wait until the day I finally find one that I like. I don’t know any aces in real life and I like to think that we could spot each other because of our rings. This might be a bit delusional, but I like to think so.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

I don't currently have an ace ring, but I am seriously considering getting one. I also have an ace pride necklace that I love.

Welcome! I wanted an ace ring, but I'm low on money, so I bought O-rings from Halfords (other chains are available) so I just wear those on my right middle finger :) If you want an ace ring you don't have to go all out with money and buy something fancy, it's the meaning behind the ring that's important.

17 hours ago, Linh Cinder said:

I don't currently have an ace ring, but I am seriously considering getting one. I also have an ace pride necklace that I love.

Me too, I plan on using some christmas money to buy one. 

Welcome! :) I'm glad you're enjoying this community. Unfortunately, I don't have an ace ring. I'm not really much a jewelry person. It might be cool to have one, though.

Image result for asexual cake

I voted "other" which stands for "I've only just found out about the whole black ring thing". Might get one though (or halfords equivalent, haha!)

19 hours ago, Jenii said:

I am interested in getting an ace ring, I live in Oregon, USA does anyone have any ideas as to where I can find an inexpensive one?

They have plenty of inexpensive black rings on amazon. I am planning on spending some money on one that is very good quality and one that I will be happy looking at everyday.

2 minutes ago, Jenii said:

I actually just found a nice inexpensive one on Amazon, thx Nate!!!!

Nice :D

Does the ace ring have to be solid black? I found a black ring that I like, it has a sterling silver band and a large black gemstone on the face of it. I am not really fond of an all black ring with no design, I think for me it needs to have a bit more style for me to want to wear it everyday. However, I see a lot of people on AVEN post pictures with simple all black bands. Although I intend on wearing this ring mostly for myself, I do also want other asexuals to be able to identify me if they were to see it.

Archived