Gender Identity Advice. Plz

A person That is real

A person That is real

So yeah I have no idea what my gender identity is mostly I say I am a guy cause I was born with male genitals, and me and my friend joke around saying that my gender is human. But I have no idea cause I don't really fit into any binary. Although I don't I can really say I am non-binary or anything else for that matter. I know that this is kind of something I have to figure out on my own but some advice would be lovely. Thx:cake:

Forgotten Fox

Well if you say you're a guy that doesn't fit the binary then you're a guy who doesn't fit the binary! A term for that would be gender nonconforming or just someone who doesn't like labels. Being a boy doesn't mean you gotta be 100% masculine, however remember that whatever gender you feel fits you best(binary, nonbinary, or other)then you got your answer. I hope that gives you some help :)

artandceramics

Plenty of room for exploration at your own pace. I’d suggest looking into definitions like “demiboy” which can encompass a greater sense of fluidity around a central concept :)

genderqueer or gender non-conforming people tend to be the folks best able to explain these kinds of identities, so I’d recommend having a mosey around that kind of literature. Alternatively, the “Transwhatevers of Aven” was a wonderful section for me when I started questioning gender outside of a simple binary structure. There are many different people with different life experiences, some of which, who knows! with which you might identify. 

All best wishes on your gender journey!!!!!

Archived