Looking ahead, what next?

A few weeks ago I heard the term "asexual" defined for the first time and it sounded about right. After further investigation, I am coming to the conclusion that I am asexual and biromantic. While this was an enormous relief to have my feelings validated and to find such a wonderful community of support, ever since I was young I assumed I'd grow up, get married, and have a family. I know that this is still a possibility, but the logistics have gotten a bit more difficult and the probability has decreased. I'm struggling with coming to terms with the possibility that this might not happen. I feel like there's a hole now, and I'm wondering if any of you have felt the same way and any tips you may have about bridging that gap. Thanks!

Being about 20 right now, yea, it's started to come up a bit. I would have considered myself completely asexual until I was about 17, and since then, I've felt more longing for at least a very deep friendship, if not more. Recently the fact that it is going to be very difficult to satiate that feeling, with out putting myself in a situation I wouldn't feel comfortable in, has been very difficult to deal with. Sorry for the lack of solace, but I've only got empathy.

Seeing as this is your first post, welcome, and have some cake:
fddb48a1-2a14-48c9-a420-bec66b46eb5e.jpg

• Like 1