F*** Animals - I wrote a song about asexuality

virtua

Earlier this year, I made up a song on the spot. When I went back and listened to my recording, I realized how much this reflected the experiences of so many asexuals I've seen and met over the years posting on asexual forums, on the wider internet world, in the media, and in real life. I decided I wanted to share this song with all of you, so I went back and re-recorded it.

It's pretty much the same song I made up on the spot months ago - the only thing I changed is one word. Thank you for listening.

You've got a great singing voice! Awesome song, it's catchy and I'm already trying to learn the lyrics. :D Thank you for sharing.

J. van Deijck

it's not really my music genre, but it sounds pretty awesome and I like your voice. *.* thank you for sharing!

You have great voice :) and your music is good.Keep doing this good work. 

Thanks so much for listening! I've never been comfortable sharing my voice, let alone a singing voice, so all your comments really mean a lot.

@Peinture Paix I'm so glad you like my song! I put all the lyrics to my songs in the description below the videos.

@Wish Bear 🌠 Definitely. That's ultimately the reason I went with that as the title of my song. I liked the fact that there were multiple meanings within that phrase.

@[noize:injekktion] Thanks for listening - even though it's not your music genre! I'm currently limited to a very minimalist sound because the guitar is pretty mainly all I have, so all the songs on my channel are just the guitar and voice. But I like to experiment with multiple genres and sounds as much as I can with what I have.

@caetxln Thanks so much for your support! I'm glad you like my music.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, what a nice tune, very easy on the ear. I really like your voice, and the intensity of your singing. It contrasts well with the simple chords. :)

Actually, I liked the tune too.  But the title...fuck animals...is just wrong.......animals can fuck themselves or each other :D.  

@Anony-moose Thanks so much for listening! I'm really glad you like it.

On 12/31/2017 at 4:20 AM, kiaroskuro said:

Wow, what a nice tune, very easy on the ear. I really like your voice, and the intensity of your singing. It contrasts well with the simple chords. :)

Thank you! It's interesting you mention this because I'm not very musically proficient. Especially if I'm just making something up off the top of my head, I'll just revert to simple chords that I know well. So this means a lot to me. I'm glad you find it works well with the song. 

On 12/31/2017 at 7:14 PM, Muledeer said:

Actually, I liked the tune too.  But the title...fuck animals...is just wrong.......animals can fuck themselves or each other :D.  

I'm not really sure if that's what the title actually is. It's censored, after all. But that's the beauty of art. It's up to individual interpretation.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:38 PM, virtua said:

Earlier this year, I made up a song on the spot. When I went back and listened to my recording, I realized how much this reflected the experiences of so many asexuals I've seen and met over the years posting on asexual forums, on the wider internet world, in the media, and in real life. I decided I wanted to share this song with all of you, so I went back and re-recorded it.

It's pretty much the same song I made up on the spot months ago - the only thing I changed is one word. Thank you for listening.

This is great!

Archived