Ace Jam - a game jam about creating games with asexual characters!

Metaparadox

Hi AVEN! I don't know how many of you are familiar with game jams, which are events during which people make video games, usually on a specific theme, but I thought this visibility project might be of interest to aspiring game devs here! I recently took part in a few queer themed jams, during which I came up with the idea to host a jam specifically about making games with asexual spectrum characters in primary roles, where their asexuality is made explicit in the game’s text.

So I created Ace Jam! It will run during the month of January next year, though if you’d like to participate, you can start whenever you’d like. This is a low pressure game jam with no winners, losers or rankings, and people of all skill levels are welcome! Check out the jam page for links to easy-to-use free game making resources. Anything from interactive fiction to 3D games is welcome, as long as you follow the jam rules!

If you come across this post after the game jam is over, check out the page to see the great games that have been submitted!

The jam page: https://itch.io/jam/ace-jam

This sounds really interesting. Will we be able to read the games without joining the jam?

18 minutes ago, TheAP said:

This sounds really interesting. Will we be able to read the games without joining the jam?

Yes! You don't have to join to have access to the game submissions. The only case in which you won't have immediate access to the games after they're submitted is if the creator decides to charge money for their game.

• 1 month later...

The game jam is over! Come check out the awesome games people submitted!

Archived