When I fall, I fall hard.

Writer_182

Because it's so hard for me to be attracted to people, (I'm Demisexual), when I finally do find someone and they don't reciprocate the feelings, it's incredibly hard for me to let go, because it took a very heavy level of emotional connection for me to even feel anything for them. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Or at least know how to deal with it? It's happened numerous times because I only ever seem to fall for my friends, but they just like me as friends, or at least just want to stay that way for other reasons.

Same actually. I don't know how to handle it or what to do in this situation, but I totally understand. Relationships are way too complicated.

I can relate, I'm not demi, but I have a very high standard people have to meet for me to even remotely like them. 

Yes! I am completely this way and I was actually just bemoaning this fact. For me I have only fell for three or four people ever and every time it is a painful roller coaster ride of feelings. I am bemoaning the fact now because I am currently infatuated with someone and although I believe they have feelings for me and I deeply admire them there are aspects of the person that make me feel like they would negatively influence my life. The problem is that I don't know how to feel things within a more normal range so I can act responsibly. I wish I could just turn down the intensity of the emotions! 

I so wish that too!!! 

My situation is that I have such strong feelings for someone, and they like me too, but they don't think they're right for me so we can't date. And like... we're still friends, so it's hard, because we're so close and it only makes the feelings stronger.

Yes that would be really difficult having to see them all the time! I wish I had advice for you. Maybe someone else will post something useful? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 7:08 PM, Writer_182 said:

I so wish that too!!! 

My situation is that I have such strong feelings for someone, and they like me too, but they don't think they're right for me so we can't date. And like... we're still friends, so it's hard, because we're so close and it only makes the feelings stronger.

Throughout my life, I would say this has happened to me at least four times.... and each time it always sucks.  I wish after four times I would be able to offer you advice, but alas, I don't even have any to offer myself.  Sorry.

Archived