New Declass Team Member Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for one more member of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can only run for one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 30 November to Thursday, 7 December: Nominations.

Thursday, 7 December to Sunday, 10 December: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 10 December to Sunday, 17 December: Voting.

Reasons you should run for declass:

- You get to give back to your community in a way that promotes transparent and fair practices.

- You get to read interesting situations from years back that don't affect your life right now.

- You get to be a part of a supportive team.

- You feel a sense of reward for completing tasks that have a start and an end.

- You develop or improve a number of skills pertaining to attention to detail, technical understanding, time management, and communication.

The nominations will close some time tomorrow for this so if anyone would like to get in, now is the time to throw your hat, scarf, gloves etc in 

What happens if nobody shows interest in the position before the end of the nominations? 

6 minutes ago, Topi said:

What happens if nobody shows interest in the position before the end of the nominations? 

I've been wondering the same myself. I can't recall it happening before.

I guess it would be held over to the next time there are elections 

Is there a trial period for new members of the team to learn how to do the job? 

I think it has happened before, and there'd be another election later on then.

14 minutes ago, Topi said:

Is there a trial period for new members of the team to learn how to do the job? 

Not quite a trial period, but there is training for new members as they're learning the ropes. New members are given instructions on how to do the job and then there is the ability to message other DT members if they want more clarification or have questions that aren't covered.

3 minutes ago, Cimmerian said:

I think it has happened before, and there'd be another election later on then.

Not quite a trial period, but there is training for new members as they're learning the ropes. New members are given instructions on how to do the job and then there is the ability to message other DT members if they want more clarification or have questions that aren't covered.

I see. Thanks! 

Good luck, Topi, and to anyone else who wants to run in this! I've been thinking about running for this too, but I'm not entirely decided yet.

I have to make a final decision now before the nomination period officially ends. I thought it through, and am interested, but decided I should sit this one out this time, to focus on my current role as much as I can.

Archived