Magyar/Hungarian

Wee_Little_Me

Wee_Little_Me

Anyone Hungarian?

When I admited to a bunch of people in Hungary that I was asexual no one believed me. Any other Hungarians dare to venture out and admit they arent having sex?

str8fuknpimpin

a hungarian Ontario-ian. ummhmm.

what aboot residing in Hungary, my friend? canadian accent got you taken? understandable :|

:wink:

deladangerous

Half-Magyar Asexual here!

Perhaps those people just didn't want to believe how in the land of the most beautiful women on the planet, that there would be some who would not want to sleep with anybody.

Or maybe I'm just flattering myself. Eh, whatever. :)

I have not told my family. I don't know how they would react, but I don't think it'd have anything to do with them being Magyars. Or would it? Not sure I want to find out.

Wee_Little_Me

Yeah I told my parents. My moms convinced theres something wrong with my head. Whether there is or not is not the issue, the fact is I dont enjoy sex. At least since then they've stoped asking if I was having sex or not. :roll:

And yes. Hottie women in Hungary. And the disco guys are hott. But the other guys arent. And whats with the dental hygine? lol im just bashing Hungary now. oops...

• 1 month later...

Nem is hittem volna, hogy itt magyarok is vannak :D

I'm a Hungarian asexual, but I never told anyone so far here. The way even gays/bisexuals are treated, I suppose I'd just be ridiculed or told ''That isn't possible!''

Disco guys are hot? No. Way. And they are overly sexual most of the time (-> they go to the disco to hook up with someone.)

• 4 weeks later...

Sziasztok!

Örülök hogy ehhez a témához találok magyar nyelvü embereket a világhálón!

Üdvözlettel németországból:

A.

Rég jártam itt, én is üdvözlök mindenkit, aki azóta talált rá a fórumra. :) Még az is lehet, hogy 1-2 hónap múlva én is Németországból írhatok...

András

I suppose I'd just be ridiculed or told ''That isn't possible!''

Na igen, én sem hoztam még szóba máshol... Úgysem hinné el senki, itt Magyarországon egész biztos, hogy nem. :(

• 3 months later...
Yeah I told my parents. My moms convinced theres something wrong with my head. Whether there is or not is not the issue, the fact is I dont enjoy sex.

don't worry, it's really not true, it's our society's guilt (when christian lands go away from biblical principles lot of its people begin to think thoughtlessly and lot of sexual people instead of being aware that sex is a love act between a married couple that wants to be near is an ordinary hobby, or worse, a compulsory hobby, thinking in this case that being asexual is not good and needs therapy. with this argument I thing that are they who need therapy and leave asexuals in peace) they make people feel abnormal when don't take sex suitable like doing gym, like something unserious.

sorry for grammar mistakes, I'm italian but running also in other languages' section. I like to practise other languages and think Hungary is really cool, lovely place (I don't speak hungarian unfortunately, but if you speak spanish you can communicate with me in this language also!)

best wishes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
DarknessEmbraced

I've lost contact with my country long time ago and don't use the language on a day-to-day basis, but good to see you.

Howdy there :D

Jo napot kivànok ;) Magyar léan vagyok. Erdélybe szullettem - but I'm here in Canada for about 16 years now. And I'm sorry my hungarian sucks - lack of proper practice :oops: I can read and understand, but I never write in hungarian ....

Nice to meet you guys :D

:D Joooooooooooo Napot kivànòk :D

Szeretném tùdni hol tùdnàm kapni internet lapokat ahòl az énekeknek a szavai levanak irva.

Kaptam a Youtube-on szép zenét és szeretenmém leforditanni a szavakat angolùl a baràtaimnak.

(If I totally lost you - do anyone know where I could find lyrics pages for hungarian songs ? I found nice stuff on youtube - NOX and they sing very pretty things I would like translate to my anglophone friends - are there any "lyric" page available for hungarian songs ? )

Köszönöm szépen ^-^

Emilia

I'm not hungarian, but I know a little. (Just a few words, really, like fa and nem, and "Menyen frunszpa!" I probably butchered the spelling on that) :D

"Menyen frunszpa!" I probably butchered the spelling on that) :D

lol - Menyen Francba

meaning to to France - because at one moment in History, French ppl were know to have and carry syphillis - so it was a swearing in the same range as "screw you" or the other one with the f word. Though ours is much more historically crispy and original ^-^ and welcome

• 1 year later...
pico_the_great

Meg egy felmagyar itt, boldog vagyok magyar thread-et talalni. :D

Emilia - youtube-on van eleg sok, I've looked in the past and there hasn't been much, but it's been growing. Neztem a noxot, s nem rossz, de legjobban szeretem a Ghymes-nevu band-et; they're one of my favorite bands of all time, consistently. Tok jo a muzsikajuk.

Haaaaat akkor nem tudom mast mit mondani. Szia!

ETA: Ah! And for you english-only speakers:

I'm half-hungarian, happy to find a hungarian thread, and the band Ghymes is one of my favorite bands. Youtube! Also http://www.ghymes.hu for song-samples. Lovely, lovely music.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, pico_the_great!

I've read your blog, and I have to admit I'm now green with envy! You're so lucky to have the opportunity to spend a year in China! Are you still there or are you back in... umm... in... Where do you live exactly? ^.^; In the US?

Anyway, welcome here! \^o^/

pico_the_great

Hey hey Pannon! Yep, it's been a really fascinating year - tough, at times (ahem, studies), but really interesting living in this culture. Still here as of yet, but I'll be back in the States by September. :D

Also - oh goodness, the blog. I haven't updated that in ... well, I'd rather not think how long. :eyeroll: I am not a procrastinator, reeaallly...

• 2 years later...

I feel so happy right now. Hungarien community. Happy to meet you all.

Back to the topic:

HELL NO. If I'd told anyone that I'm asexual it would break my parents heart.

And anyways, no one would believe me. You know since "its a fase you're going trough".

As I said on facebook,:

"To be honest, concerns mostly arise if we address them, and want people to know about us.

Letting others know about our sexual status is merely a form of attention seeking.

I'm aware of my feelings (lack of feelings) and I don't need anyone to asure me of it...of the lack of it.

On the other hand, I AM faced with the problem of pressure from family/friends, to find a partner.

BUT this too can be easily solved with the help of ACEbook,

or finding a close friend, who is willing to play the role of a mate."

What do you guys think? Is there anypoint in telling others about being ACE?

Does it have any benefits to it?

U.i.:Igen, magyar vagyok....de nemzetközinek tekintem magam.

I feel so happy right now. Hungarien community. Happy to meet you all.

Back to the topic:

HELL NO. If I'd told anyone that I'm asexual it would break my parents heart.

And anyways, no one would believe me. You know since "its a fase you're going trough".

As I said on facebook,:

"To be honest, concerns mostly arise if we address them, and want people to know about us.

Letting others know about our sexual status is merely a form of attention seeking.

I'm aware of my feelings (lack of feelings) and I don't need anyone to asure me of it...of the lack of it.

On the other hand, I AM faced with the problem of pressure from family/friends, to find a partner.

BUT this too can be easily solved with the help of ACEbook,

or finding a close friend, who is willing to play the role of a mate."

What do you guys think? Is there anypoint in telling others about being ACE?

Does it have any benefits to it?

U.i.:Igen, magyar vagyok....de nemzetközinek tekintem magam.

If you can find people who can accept you being asexual then yes, it is definitely beneficial to tell them. However, finding such people could be really hard.

I used to have a friend who was the most intelligent and open minded person I've ever met in my life. I decided to tell her about my being asexual because I thought if anyone, she would understand me. We started talking about the topic of asexuality but she said some things that made me decide not to tell her that I'm asexual. Basically, she wasn't even able to picture a life without sex. Our conversation led me to believe if she can't accept asexuals, then no one can. Well, at least, no one around me. :(

By the way, I agree with your facebook message completely! If you can find someone who's willing to act like your boyfriend, or even a real boyfriend who's also an ACE, then telling others about your sexuality really doesn't matter. But the problem is.. where do you find such partner? Or should I ask, where do you find such partner in Hungary? I don't know whether I'm being to pessimistic or not but I think the chances of that happening are close to zero.

Guest member25959

I actually managed to teach myself some basic Hungarian when I was younger, but its all faded away now :|

I can still pronounce its (like 'sz' is pronounced as 'ts') and I can still remember the odd word, like Szia and Sziasztok, Koszonom, Nem and Igen, Magyar and Magyarorzag. Never did figure out how to structure sentences though.

• 5 months later...

Hi from Sopron. :) Good to see a HUN topic in this forum. I'm sad because most Hungarian people think that asexuality is only 'fashion'. :/ At least my friends can understand me.

• 3 months later...
akanesarumara

Hello from Pécs! :D Glad to see there are a couple of us Hungarians here, too^^

Well... I was debating telling my mom before the autumn holidays, but I didn't do it after all. I might still do it in when I'm home in the winter... But I do agree that Hungary is in general quite conservative and doesn't really take even gays/bis well. I still hope my mom and 2 friends of mine whom I think I should tell are going to be understanding about it...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi from another Hungarian. :)

Asexuality in Hungary is pretty much unknown, yeah. Not that Hungary is a great place for any (sexual) minority unfortunately. Hopefully that will change..

On a related note, does anybody find parts of the Hungarian wikipedia page of asexuality (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aszexualit%C3%A1s) really misleading if not downright offensive? Or is it just me? Would be nice to hear other opinions (do note that the wikipedia article is the first result you get if you google "aszexualitás", so this probably is the first source many Hungarians read about asexuality).

akanesarumara

Hi from another Hungarian. :)

Asexuality in Hungary is pretty much unknown, yeah. Not that Hungary is a great place for any (sexual) minority unfortunately. Hopefully that will change..

On a related note, does anybody find parts of the Hungarian wikipedia page of asexuality (http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aszexualit%C3%A1s) really misleading if not downright offensive? Or is it just me? Would be nice to hear other opinions (do note that the wikipedia article is the first result you get if you google "aszexualitás", so this probably is the first source many Hungarians read about asexuality).

Yeah, let's hope it'll get better...

As for the wikipedia article... well... yeah. Parts of it can be offending or misleading. I didn't notice these parts so far because the times I looked at the page, I always got there from the English wikipedia page. My interest was the quality of the translation and the number of things they mentioned xd

• 1 month later...
Marianna von Birken

Sziasztok!

Magyar vagyok, hasonlóképp aszexuális. Kicsit meg van halva a fórum...

Szia!

Nem kicsit, de nagyon meg van halva a fórum. :)

• 4 months later...

Ezt most olvastam, és valahova posting-olnom kellet. Valószínüleg az írója nem ÁSZ, de kit érdekel. Enjoy!

My link

Archived