Virginity

dogmom

Honestly... I just don't understand why so many people in this society have such a big stupid problem when anyone over 14 is still a virgin. What is the big deal? Like, so they didn't have sex? So? With all the war, crime, poverty, disease, famine, global warming, your favorite disaster in this space here... why do people always go, "Oh my Gawd, you're a what?"

Honestly... I just don't understand why so many people in this society have such a big stupid problem when anyone over 14 is still a virgin. What is the big deal? Like, so they didn't have sex? So? With all the war, crime, poverty, disease, famine, global warming, your favorite disaster in this space here... why do people always go, "Oh my Gawd, you're a what?"

Ever since the sexual revolution, Kinsley's daring struggle to get us talking about, and sex education, it's just sort of become an expectation that everyone not only does it--but also talk about it. You'd think that there are more interesting subjects than it, but I think it comes down to expectation, perception of a fulfilled instinct, and generally indifference to anything not implicity related to themselves.

Re: Kinsey... Now it's coming out that he interviewed a lot of people in prisons instead of interviewing average people in society. His research may not have been accurate after all.

Things just keep getting better and better for him. Sorry about my typo. Kinsey is, of course, who I meant.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been back here for awhile (computer problems). Have enjoyed reading all the responses and am pondering why I am embarrassed by being a virgin. Still were my Mother's teaching about "keeping myself for the right man" ingrained to the point that I never did "it"? or was it the fact that my first pap test so painful (and all susequent other ones) that I never wanted anything else up there the reason I have no sexual desire. Pondering :?: :?: :?:

Dogmom..... but I like cats too

Haven't been back here for awhile (computer problems). Have enjoyed reading all the responses and am pondering why I am embarrassed by being a virgin. Still were my Mother's teaching about "keeping myself for the right man" ingrained to the point that I never did "it"? or was it the fact that my first pap test so painful (and all susequent other ones) that I never wanted anything else up there the reason I have no sexual desire. Pondering :?: :?: :?:

Dogmom..... but I like cats too

Dogmom,

Hi,It's been a long time scent i've heard from you and i like to say you're my role model.

• 3 months later...

LOL I've been away again in a computerless environment. I've sooooo enjoyed catching up on everything. Role model? LOL

:roll:

Yes! role model because most online virgins over 35 (excluded aven virgins) think their virginity is a curse and Dogmom, you're living proof your virginity is not a dealth sentence.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 26 and I haven't had sexual intercourse. I was beginning to think I was the oldest “virgin” in the world. Not that it’s weird, it’s just not that common where I live.

:lol:

I don't think it is common anywhere except monasteries and such places!!

I am very much not a virgin :( but I love this thread. So far I count the following as "Beyond 40-Year-Old Virgins":

Mackat - 65

Dogmom - 61

Islander9 - 60

Philip - 57

Ziffler - 54

Bug - 50

Tygrrheart49 - 50

Teddy Miller - 48

The SMMG - 43

Erita - 43

UnicornLady - 42

Thylacine - 42

DayTripperYeah - 37

It's not a competition; it's a celebration!!!

Edit: Corrected ages. This thread is more than a year old and I did not look up anyone's birthday; just added a year to anyone who posted their age more than a year ago. If that makes sense.

And I was originally just counting virgins over forty (because it seemed like a good round cutoff number and well, yeah, a little because of the movie) but Day Tripper wanted to be added and I'm a pushover like that.

:D

Hey... I'm 42!!! Okay... forget I said that. Can we please pretend I'm like 23 or something?

• 2 weeks later...
DayTripperYeah

Add me--37/never been kissed/virgin.

I doubt three years into the future is going

to change my status. ;)

Unfortunately, I do see it as a curse.

and I wonder "why me?". I don't get

the 'why' of it all. I could understand if

I was religious and I served God and

was a Nun, but that wasn't my destiny.

Geez, Paris gets to have sex, why can't I?

Although, I wouldn't be a slut like she is.

I just have trouble understanding why.

It's not like I lay in bed all day and ponder this.

I live my life and keep hoping Mr. Right will

come around the bend, but he never has.

That's my position in my life right now.

I think Paris has a STD so i don't want to have Paris sex life :lol:

Hey come on, Day Tripper. It ain't that bad. Every morning I wake up and thank God for being who I am. I don't have the problems other people have... and... my friends who are married say I'm "not missing much."

Just be happy existing.

DayTripperYeah

thylacine--My friend who is married says that too.

I just feel like it's the biggest burden I carry.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm alive, I'm happy that

my career path is turning around, but, I don't know why

this eludes me.

and I don't want to be like Paris, Lindsay, Britney, etc.

I just don't get why they get to experience something

they never ever once appreciated?

Day Tripper... do yah ever think that this "relationship" nonsense might just be all hype?

All my married / non-single friends are completely miserable. I am not judging them, but that's how it is... I don't know why they are miserable, but I think it has something to do with the expectations they had which are not being met... People think they need to be in a relationship in order to be "happy" or "complete" because society tells them so. Society also tells women they must be anorexic to be beautiful. Society also tells people they must make $100,000 + a year and drive a bigass SUV and have all the latest hi-tech eqipment in order to "fit in" and "be successful." Society brainwashes people into having all these expectations about what will be good for them, but it's all an illusion.

The only thing that's truly real is what you will find if you look deep inside yourself.

DayTripperYeah

Hi thylacine,

I'm glad I rejoined this board.

I can't talk about these topics elsewhere.

Yes, it is true many people are hardly romantic soulmates.

It happens to very few people.

Well, I certainly don't fit in the anorexic "ideal". Thankfully,

I eat.

I went a little off-topic there. I always did want my

romantic soulmate and a child and not because society

told me so. Infact, society, told me diddly.

If I became financially successful, I could adopt a child.

I don't know why romance has eluded me?

Day Tripper... do yah ever think that this "relationship" nonsense might just be all hype?

The only thing that's truly real is what you will find if you look deep inside yourself.

I don't know why romance has eluded me?

May I jump in here with a couple thoughts? I may be totally off base but I wish to give some ideas from my perspective. Asexual/virgin/male.

From my observances, most sexual males are not romantic, but sexual and most asexual males are neither sexual nor romantic.

There are a few exceptions of course. A few men will romance a woman, but I think that number is very few.

SO I think maybe looking for romance is a dream. I am not romantic by nature, but I can be romantic when I want to, the thing is, I never want to.

I realize most women, probably, wish some romance in their lives. I'm guessing here, but from what I have listened to and observed that seems to be the case. The problem is, that most men, don't want romance. Or in the case of sexual men, the sex is the romance from their prospective.

I think the desire for romance, is an allusion. It makes for a nice dream, and a great romantic novel, but I just don't think it happens much in real life.

Ok, I'll butt out now. Sorry for speaking outta turn.

DayTripperYeah

Hi Ziffler,

No you didn't speak out of turn. I liked reading

what you had to say. Romantic men are the minority

that's for sure.

Feel free to post anytime. :)

"I think the desire for romance, is an allusion. It makes for a nice dream, and a great romantic novel, but I just don't think it happens much in real life."

You may be right. I sometimes think that romance is something they invented to sell candy & flowers & greeting cards... But seriously... people do fall in love, and some people find the right person and become happy-ever-after.

And some people don't.

If you don't, it's not a reflection on what kind of person you are. It's just the way the universe works... that's all.

DayTripperYeah

newgirl--submissive men turn me off. I want someone who is my equal.

thylacine--Yeah, but is it normal to be a never been kissed

virgin? I don't feel normal in that regard.

"...
But seriously... people do fall in love, and some people find the right person and become happy-ever-after.

And some people don't.

If you don't, it's not a reflection on what kind of person you are. It's just the way the universe works... that's all

That is exactly that. One cannot blame "Society's attitude" if you fail to find a soulmate.

roddy

I've given up on dating and men so now i don't have to put up with men overlooking me anymore. :D

Is it normal to have never been kissed? Well, I can't answer that one... but listen, honey, a lot of people have much bigger and worse problems than that. If that's your only prob, be happy. I know people who are hooked on drugs and older than 35, I know people out of work and about to see their house foreclose, I know people who have cancer... if that's your only problem...

DayTripperYeah

thylacine--Of course, that's not my only problem.

I've had to deal with much family stuff, not all good.

But it's still not normal in my mind...everyone gets their

first kiss around 14 or so....or that's what I was lead to believe,

until I found others in similar situations as me.

TeddyMiller
I am very much not a virgin but I love this thread. So far I count the following as "Beyond 40-Year-Old Virgins":

Add me to the list, TeddyMiller, age 48.

I got my first kiss at 18... and honey, it was boring. No kidding. It was. But hey, I'm asexual, so now I know why it was boring.

Archived