This is such a creative title.

Her Cheshire Smile

Her Cheshire Smile

So, hi. I've known about this site for a year or two now and while I tinkered with the idea of asexuality then, I was also worried if maybe I was just more immature than I thought? So, I put it off. I am back now with a few more experiences under my belt and a desire not to add more to it or go further. I'm still not entirely sure if I'm on the spectrum since I still like people and their faces, holding hands and hugging, and the occasional, heartfelt peck. But now I just have less of the paralyzing fear that I'm bound to every choice I make. So, I'm here. Hi. Haha.

Anyway, that was my basic story. Outside of my possible sexuality though, I'm a girl who got my uni degree this year and am working as a freelancer in the meantime while I wait for the new school year to take my MA. While research on asexuality is something interesting to me (and really, send some good ones my way), I'm personally more focused on intangible cultural heritage. Also, I'm an Asian who studied Asia and would be interested to talk with people about that.

Other than that, I love and consume a lot of things. Poetry is good. Novels are good (I'm working through Kazuo Ishiguro's The Buried Giant right now). Movies are good. Anime is good. K-Drama is good. Overanalyzing series ('analyzing' is putting it kindly, it's more like randomly shouting "AND WHY THE HELL ARE ARYA AND SANSA DOING THIS??" every time I'm reminded) is good. And I like talking to people. Just a disclaimer though that I will be awkward to talk to. Haha.

5 minutes ago, Her Cheshire Smile said:

So, hi. I've known about this site for a year or two now and while I tinkered with the idea of asexuality then, I was also worried if maybe I was just more immature than I thought? So, I put it off. I am back now with a few more experiences under my belt and a desire not to add more to it or go further. I'm still not entirely sure if I'm on the spectrum since I still like people and their faces, holding hands and hugging, and the occasional, heartfelt peck. But now I just have less of the paralyzing fear that I'm bound to every choice I make. So, I'm here. Hi. Haha.

Anyway, that was my basic story. Outside of my possible sexuality though, I'm a girl who got my uni degree this year and am working as a freelancer in the meantime while I wait for the new school year to take my MA. While research on asexuality is something interesting to me (and really, send some good ones my way), I'm personally more focused on intangible cultural heritage. Also, I'm an Asian who studied Asia and would be interested to talk with people about that.

Other than that, I love and consume a lot of things. Poetry is good. Novels are good (I'm working through Kazuo Ishiguro's The Buried Giant right now). Movies are good. Anime is good. K-Drama is good. Overanalyzing series ('analyzing' is putting it kindly, it's more like randomly shouting "AND WHY THE HELL ARE ARYA AND SANSA DOING THIS??" every time I'm reminded) is good. And I like talking to people. Just a disclaimer though that I will be awkward to talk to. Haha.

Liking people’s appearance is called aesthetic attraction, while sexual attraction is thinking of someone’s appearance in a sexual way, and asexualality is the lack of sexual attraction, so if that definition fits you, you’re asexual.

Welcome! :) Like Zenzencat104 said, liking people's looks or enjoying non-sexual physical contact doesn't disqualify you from being asexual. Asexuals can experience aesthetic attraction (finding people attractive), sensual attraction (liking cuddles and hugs), and romantic attraction (wanting a romantic relationship).

Image result for anime cake

2 hours ago, Her Cheshire Smile said:

Awkward is one of my specialties LOL. ;)

Hi! I'm Achromatic Kitty! You can just call me Archie or Achro. I have a piece of cake and some info for you under Newbies in my signature. Hoped I help!

https://www.askideas.com/media/41/Cake-Has-Always-Funny-Meme-Poster.jpg

Welcome, as the others have said, there are different types of attraction, and experiencing one type of attraction does not mean that you experience another. 

Sketchcomic - types of Attraction

Space-Ace-Android

Have some welcoming cake!

Image result for cake

You'll find yourself eventually, just be true to yourself (cheesy I know:p)

A c e Out!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived