Books With Asexual/ Aromantic Characters

fromoutoftheunexpected

fromoutoftheunexpected

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if you know of any books where there is a theme of asexuality/ aromanticism or where there is at least one character. I sick of reading a book where every character falls in love/ gets a love interest. I just want a character that I can relate to. 

Thanks,

Jess

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might not be an entirely great fit for what you're looking for, but I recently read "How to Be A Normal Person" by TJ Klune a while back and enjoyed it a lot. There's a fair bit of romance involved, but very much worth a read.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:10 PM, Corwen said:

This might not be an entirely great fit for what you're looking for, but I recently read "How to Be A Normal Person" by TJ Klune a while back and enjoyed it a lot. There's a fair bit of romance involved, but very much worth a read.

Would you consider the romance in this book asexual based? I looked up the brief synopsis of this book and it looked good but was very vague about the relationship element. 

13 hours ago, NotPhoebe said:

Would you consider the romance in this book asexual based? I looked up the brief synopsis of this book and it looked good but was very vague about the relationship element. 

I would, absolutely. As far as I can remember, the book's romance is not so much physical as it is emotional, if that makes sense.

PixleyDust✨

I am super stoked actually to find that the new Steven Universe book may be representing Peridot as asexual. Given her behavior in the show, and now the way she's presented/her relationship with the subject matter makes it such a strong possibility. Especially since it's about fusion, which is widely acknowledged as symbolic of relationships as canon. 

Here's the link:

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/557504/fusion-for-beginners-and-experts-by-rebecca-sugar-illustrated-by-angie-wang/9781524784690/
https://bismuth.tumblr.com/post/168778423228/fusion-for-beginners-and-experts-full-book

On 12/25/2017 at 7:13 PM, NotPhoebe said:

One of the characters states on page that he's ace and that sex does nothing for him.

FinneganCatch

Anyone got recommendations for a good fantasy book preferably a novel with a MC asexual. I was thinking of reading the The Fairy Godmothers Apprentice Wore Green but its a little shorter I think than I wanted 

24 minutes ago, FinneganCatch said:

Anyone got recommendations for a good fantasy book preferably a novel with a MC asexual. I was thinking of reading the The Fairy Godmothers Apprentice Wore Green but its a little shorter I think than I wanted 

Yeah, that one is really short. Hmmm.

This Listopia list might be of help? https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/105434.Aro_and_Ace_Spectrum_Characters_in_SFF

Archived