Which is your favorite Doctor from Doctor Who?

otachi

Which is your favorite Doctor from Doctor Who?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which is/are your favorite Doctor(s) from Doctor Who?

• 1st Doctor
    • 2nd Doctor
    • 3rd Doctor
    • 4th Doctor
    • 5th Doctor
    • 6th Doctor
    • 7th Doctor
    • 8th Doctor
    • 9th Doctor
    • 10th Doctor
    • 11th Doctor
    • 12th Doctor
    • 13th Doctor
    • I don't like Doctor Who

This poll is closed to new votes

My choices were: 5th, 9th and 12th.

I like the 5th's style, I'd very much like him to be my dad. 9th is my favorite one because he is, well, fantastic, and 12th plays the guitar and is like an awesome old uncle, so it's an obvious choice, really. 

2 minutes ago, lobisomem said:

My choices were: 5th, 9th and 13th.

I like the 5th's style, I'd very much like him to be my dad. 9th is my favorite one because he is, well, fantastic, and 13th plays the guitar and is like an awesome old uncle, so it's an obvious choice, really. 

Peter Capaldi's Doctor was actually the 12th Doctor.  The 13th Doctor is the one showing up in the Christmas Special: Jodie Whittaker

whittakerdoc.jpg

As to which Doctor is my favorite:  It tends to be whichever one I'm watching at the moment.  I've been watching as many episodes as I can find of the original series, and every one of the Doctors had his own style and personality that brought something interesting to the series.  So at the moment, I am anticipating the next series with the 13th Doctor, and I hope it lives up to its promise.  I've seen JW in other roles, and she is very good at creating characters.  

1 minute ago, Rockblossom said:

Peter Capaldi's Doctor was actually the 12th Doctor.  The 13th Doctor is the one showing up in the Christmas Special: Jodie Whittaker

Oops! I actually voted for the 12th but wrote down the 13th. :redface: I corrected that, thanks for pointing it out!

I voted for 9 as he was indeed fantastic, 11 because he was cool (and my first doctor), and 12 because I wish my grandpa was that cool. I am really excited for the 13th doctor!!!!!!

My favorite Doctor is the Seventh Doctor. Though I started out with the Fourth Doctor like a lot of Americans, watching the show on PBS during the week and later as pasted together movie style shows on Saturday nights, it wasn't until Sylvester McCoy's first appearance in Time and the Rani that I felt that little click of this is my Doctor. He still is. I followed him from the TV series to the Virgin New Adventures and later into the audios. Though Capaldi and Eccleston have shifted my preferences in recent times, my list (since what Whovian doesn't have a list of favorites?) is:

7, 8, 12, 9, The War Doctor, 6, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 10. Right at the moment 13 is in the air until I get a sense of her Doctor then I can place her properly, so that's going to be in the future. Also, I like Peter Cushing's Doctor in the movies, Rowan Atkinson in Curse of the Fatal Death, and Richard E. Grant's Doctor in Scream of the Shalka.  

peter capaldi is my favourite doctor but i have decided jodie whitaker will replace him

Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston. Voted for Nine to keep it simple.

I only know of one doctor Who, the one from the mid 70's, I can't remember his name, just the scarf and big hair, I only ever saw maybe a handful of programs if that 

6 hours ago, oldgeeza said:

I only know of one doctor Who, the one from the mid 70's, I can't remember his name, just the scarf and big hair, I only ever saw maybe a handful of programs if that 

Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker.

latest?cb=20150110034826

drjohnhwatson

Four and Two are my tops.  I started to try to watch the whole series, from the beginning, in order, and got a little...overwhelmed, shall we say?  (WHY DOES ONE HAVE SO MANY EPISODES?  I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS).  And I watched even the "deleted" ones--I watched reconstructions or listened to the audio, so I got pretty swamped, haha.  I made it into Two, though!  I'll complete my task one day.  I came out of it liking One quite a lot.  He starts off as this curmudgeon, but then as he continues, he clearly grows to be fond of, and care for, the ragtag group of people that enters his TARDIS.

I only voted for one for my favorite to keep it simple. I chose the 4th, Tom Baker. He was my first Doctor and what drew me in to watch the series. I have to say though that I like all the Doctors that I’ve seen so far in their own ways. (Haven’t seen Matt 11 and Jodie 13 yet) Some took more getting used to but I would come around to them after watching a while. For instance I didn’t like Colin Baker at first but then he grew on me. Christopher Eccleston was difficult because he didn’t look like the Doctor to me and I wasn’t used to the modern version of the show. There’s such a stark contrast to the older shows with having a big gap in time before it returned. I prefer the older Doctors and shows, but I do still enjoy the new ones. Right now I am working my way through Peter Capaldi 12 and enjoying it.  Just watched The Caretaker and Kill the Moon today. Both excellent episodes! I plan to see the Doctors I haven’t seen yet and revisit ones I have seen. I recently went through the Peter Davison 5 era.

I started with Nine, loved Ten, and have kept up through all of new Who. Then a good friend of mine introduced me to the classics, and Big Finish audios. I completely fell for Paul McGann's Eight, and the rest is just timey-wimey history.

Silly question. Christopher Eccleston of course.

5 hours ago, kenmas-face said:

I would die for the ninth doctor,, 

I'd say the same for Eight, partly because many of his companions meet less-than-pleasant endings. 

Can't remember what number he was, but Tom Baker 

Is this Doctor Who a resident of Whoville?

Does he know Cindy Lou Who, and the Grinch?:D

19 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Can't remember what number he was, but Tom Baker 

Tom Baker is Four.

Hermit Advocate

Um, all of them. I really loved 10, but 4 is great too. I thought Peter Capaldi did a fantastic job and I can't wait to see him transform into the first female doctor. 

I’ve been enjoying seeing the Peter Capaldi episodes very much! I think of the newer doctors I’ve seen so far, he’s my favorite.

Has anyone seen Jodie Whittaker’s doctor episodes yet? What is she like? I sure hope they didn’t or don’t make her sexy! 

On 12/5/2017 at 3:25 PM, Gentle Giant said:

Has anyone seen Jodie Whittaker’s doctor episodes yet? What is she like?

Only folks who have seen anything with her as the Doctor so far are the cast and crew. We won't see her on screen until the Christmas Day special, and then regular episodes aren't set to air until the fall.

I voted for 11 and 12 because they are awesome!

Eleven because he was young and quirky! He also had Amy and Rory. Twelve because even though he was older, he didn’t do romance..strictly a witty professional. I was so happy when they got rid of Clara.

I'm excited for Thirteen! The first woman doctor! Although she should have been Ginger.

20 hours ago, Scooter said:

Only folks who have seen anything with her as the Doctor so far are the cast and crew. We won't see her on screen until the Christmas Day special, and then regular episodes aren't set to air until the fall.

The fall?! Oh man that’s gonna kill meh. Has the gap after the Christmas special always been that long and I just haven’t noticed?

The gap really varies depending on everyone's filming commitments. I can see why this will be a fairly long one, though. Not only is there a new Doctor, but a new head writer/producer as well. They're even going as far as having a new composer, using new equipment to make it feel more cinematic, and (last I heard) they're even changing the way they're writing (supposedly they're going to try out a more American-style writer's room, as opposed to just one or two people working on each script). So really a ton of changes this go around. I imagine it'll take them at least a season to find and hit their stride, even if everything goes well.

Archived