1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm married now
    • I am divorced
    • I'm married and my spouse accepts me
    • No but I would like to be

This poll is closed to new votes

I would like to get married in the distant future. I like the idea of having someone to grow old with or to help me raise our (adopted) children. I am only 19, so I won't really worry about it for another 8-12 years. However, I definitely need an asexual relationship. I really don't even like kissing/cuddling, but that would be the extent of my "compromise." Realistically, I know that finding this ideal relationship will be difficult, but I can always dream... :wub:

• 2 months later...

I am 18 and I was married until just recently. The divorce was not by any choice of mine.

I would love to be married to someone, but they would have to either be asexual or accepting/respectful of me, because I am not having sex again. I don't think I would date someone if they wouldn't consider marriage an option.

I've got a friend who also maintains the attitude of "all marriages are abusive". However, in her case, she is horribly afraid of commitment, and defines the "abuse" in the marriage as having to make sacrifices for your family. Though in most of the examples of sacrifices, I can see you having to do that in a long term relationship that is not a marriage anyway.

Never been married but I am currently separated from my domestic partner and we are in the process of getting a dissolution of our California registered domestic partnership.

So legally in California ... I am pseudo married meaning that my ex and I have all the same California legal rights as a married couple until our dissolution (like a divorce) comes through.

Cathy

silentdreamer

Never been married and, for the longest time, never wanted to be. But lately I've been thinking a lot about it and even ogling wedding dresses though I hate dresses. It would be nice to be married one day. Heck, it would be nice to be in love with someone that loved me back one day <_<

Wings of a Dream

I have to admit to quite liking the idea of getting married one day. Whether it'll ever happen si another question though XD

No I haven't and I'm not particularly worried about it. If I were ever in a relationship where it was important to my partner, I guess I'd do it; but it's not something I feel a need to do.

Adm_Twister_JCOM

I'm not married and have no interest in it. If asked about that, I say that my book counterpart is married and that's more than enough for me. It annoys people enough to be an effective tactic.

• 1 month later...

I've never pictured myself married, even when I was little. It seems like it would be sufficating. I don't like having people in my personal space, and my home is my sanctuary. It's MINE, and I don't like to share it. I don't even like to have visitors over.

• 2 weeks later...

Id hate to me married, i REALLY need my space and id get sick of seeing the same person there all day every day for the rest of my life. (and im sure theyd get sick of me too)

sakura_alice

I'd love to be married as long as there's no sex! I have an idea of how I'd like the ceremony to be, and I know I like having another person in the house. While I can be a tomboy, I still like doing "wifey" things, like cooking and baking for others, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
House of Chimeras

I have never been married. I do not plan on getting married.

Archived