Aren't sexual attraction and sexual pleasure separate?

bound dust

So romantic attraction and sexual attraction are separate, and aesthetic attraction and sexual attraction are separate, and I think sexual pleasure and sexual attraction are also separate. I have heard that some asexuals do like having sex, or do want sex even though they don't actually experience sexual attraction, and some asexuals masturbate. So doesn't that mean that liking sexual pleasure and experiencing sexual attraction is separate?

(I'm sorry, I am not quite sure this is in the right place.)

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

I mean you don't have to be attracted to someone to feel pleasure from sexual activities with them if that is what you mean?

Asexuals don't desire to connect sexually with other people for pleasure, though some can enjoy the sensations of partnered sex when they have it. An asexual wouldn't be unhappy at the prospect of never having partnered sex again and wouldn't feel something is missing in their romantic relationships if they never had sex with their partner, even if they're someone who can enjoy the feelings of sex when they have it.

Yes.  It's sort of like the difference between being able to enjoy the taste of a food and already salivating just at the sight/thought of it.

SamwiseLovesLife
12 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Yes.  It's sort of like the difference between being able to enjoy the taste of a food and already salivating just at the sight/thought of it.

^ perfect metaphor

E.g I enjoy cake when I eat it but I never crave cake.. (incidentally, I hate cake)

16 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

Asexuals don't desire to connect sexually with other people for pleasure, though some can enjoy the sensations of partnered sex when they have it. An asexual wouldn't be unhappy at the prospect of never having partnered sex again and wouldn't feel something is missing in their romantic relationships if they never had sex with their partner, even if they're someone who can enjoy the feelings of sex when they have it.

This, exactly.

17 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

Best definition of asexuality I've ever seen right here.

Archived