• Gemini ( 22 May - 21 Jun)
    • Cancer ( 22 Jun - 23 Jul)
    • Leo ( 24 Jul - 23 Aug)
    • Virgo (24 Aug - 23 Sep)
    • Libra (24 Sep - 23 Oct)
    • Scorpio (24 Oct - 22 Nov)
    • Sagittarius (23 Nov - 21 Dec)
    • Capricorn (22 Dec - 20 Jan)
  2. 2. Do you think your star sign influences you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Do you go by your star sign like horoscopes ?

• Sometimes
    • Yes
    • No way

"Virgo" here.

Thought: I used to know someone who wrote horoscopes for a major German newspaper. They had some kind of "dictionary" with phrases they could use and all they had to pay attention to is that they don't repeat themselves, like making "Geminis" have three days with a big personal surprise in a row. It's a word puzzle.

Astrology is bollocks, but no skin off my nose if you believe in it.

I'm a Cancer.

sometimes it's interesting what sort of stuff they come up with, and other times it's obvious shit. I don't really care either way.

I'm a Scorpio, so most horoscopes / zodiac personality oracles basically say I'm an asshole. Which actually may be kind of true :D

I just read horoscopes to make fun of them, I think they are bullshit.

Funny how here I am a Taurus XD For the longest time Gemini started on the 21st of May everywhere I looked (which isn't much)

I don't have much to say other than some party-pooping.

I believe there is no correlation between star signs and personalities, the only correlations we see are based off of our interpretations of genaralisations and general truths about the human race :)

(plz don't kill me)

J. van Deijck

I'm an early Taurus, 25 April. 

I don't really think about how much it influences me, if ever, but it's just fun to know. :P

Lotta_Biscotti

Libra here. I dunno, I used to not believe, but like, find it more interesting than I do now. I do kinda identify with my sign more than the others, but I can't say that if I didn't know my birthday, I'd have felt that way as a kid. The star signs are just a fun kind of thing, and they're broad enough that most people can find something in theirs that they'd identify with. My mom is the least Aries person I know, whereas my dad is kinda Leo in his weird little way. But, I could easily put them in other categories. I feel okay about being a Chinese ox, too. My parents are both dragons... Eh. ....Meh.

I don't think there's an cosmic rule or supernatural thing about it; it's just a (usually) fun thing for people to enjoy. Cold-reading type stuff. The only thing that bothers me is when people ask me my star sign and start trying to figure me out from it, and attributing all my opinions and actions as 'because you're Libra'. Whenever someone asks me, I get this knee-jerk inward bristling as response to the possibility of having to deal what that sort of conversation again, especially if I like the person or know I'm gonna have to see them a lot afterward.

For what it's worth, though, I'm also secular, and don't believe in ghosts, and supernatural phenomena as a whole. Still love a good ghost story or fun horoscrope reading though! ...But just for fun.

I'm a Pisces and while it does feel fitting quite often, I don't really believe that I act a certain way just because of my zodiac sign. To me reading horoscope stuff is just for fun since I don't think they're exactly true.

To be honest I also find it really ridiculous how some people (very few that I've seen, fortunately) try to justify their nasty behavior with their zodiac sign. The stars aren't telling you to behave like a jerk. :P

The idea that starsigns inferences us seems really far off to me. Especially if you consider that the stars are only clustered that way from the perspective of earth.  Those stars don't really have anything to do with eachother, in actual threedimensional space. And the idea that everyone born the same month (or year, in the chinese version) somehow get the same personality? Or if you follow horoscopes, have similar things happen to them? That feels highly unlikely to me. 

Funnily enough, both my month  starsign and my chinese year animal are really horrible matches for my personality too.

3 minutes ago, HonoraryJedi said:

The idea that starsigns inferences us seems really far off to me. Especially if you consider that the stars are only clustered that way from the perspective of earth.  Those stars don't really have anything to do with eachother, in actual threedimensional space. And the idea that everyone born the same month (or year, in the chinese version) somehow get the same personality? Or if you follow horoscopes, have similar things happen to them? That feels highly unlikely to me. 

Funnily enough, both my month  starsign and my chinese year animal are really horrible matches for my personality too.

Funnily enough my startsign and chinese year animal match XD

5 minutes ago, Lemonsky said:

I'm a Pisces and while it does feel fitting quite often, I don't really believe that I act a certain way just because of my zodiac sign. To me reading horoscope stuff is just for fun since I don't think they're exactly true.

To be honest I also find it really ridiculous how some people (very few that I've seen, fortunately) try to justify their nasty behavior with their zodiac sign. The stars aren't telling you to behave like a jerk. :P

I enjoy reading my horsey horoscope and my horses horoscope :D just to see if I get a warning about the dangers that lurk in my mares head

I'm a Taurus and it actually fits me well, although I'm highly skeptical about astrology. I never bother to seek out horoscopes, but if I come across them I read them just for fun.

1 minute ago, Jade Cross said:

My Chinese and (Uhh I guess non Chinese sign? o.o;;) zodiac sign match in some ways and differ completely in others. Chinese sign says I'm pure, artistic and loveable, while my Zodiac sign says Im a cold, hard to love asshole XD

Aren't those the best XD

Depends. I'm Sagittarius

I find that some things about it aren't exactly true, while others are totally me. 

Idk, it just really depends 

Aquarius, but never look at horoscopes or astrological predictions, so they can't influence me as I don't know what they say 

Sagittarius. I’m nothing like what a Sagittarius is supposed to be and I think astrology is bullshit anyway. 

NerotheReaper

Astrology is a bit more complicated, there is one's sun sign (the one you call yourself usually), the moon sign, and the ascending sign. All of these influence someone. This is if you believe in astrology, which I don't know if I personally believe in it. It is interesting to wonder if someone's time of birth (what month) has any kind of influence in someone. 

I'm a Leo, but I don't fit the description at all. Leos are supposed to be loud and crave attention. I'm the exact opposite.

I’m a Taurus. I think it’s all bullshit but I sometimes read up on it just for fun.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

There's certainly some slight influence without any superstitial background. Some main characteristics always seem to match perfectly with the appropriate zodiac.

There is evidence that the first few formative months of a baby once born, could have a long term affect on traits / characteristics. So a baby who spends its first few months in the sun and outside and wearing light clothes may be different to one who is all wrapped up, inside etc sheltered from the cold outside.

But then this would all be inverted for those in the Southern Hemisphere ... all BS then? :D

Ayyy any scorpios and year of the rabbits in here?! *finger guns with sunglasses on* 

yC3ERAg.gif

I'm a Taurus too @April 23.  Yea, I believe about half of it and find astrology highly entertaining.  I don't live my life by it, though.

CAPRICORN! 

its a summer time star sign is it the best :D

(this is a joke so calm down)

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Taurus too. Is that a trend? See how many Taureans did the census!

I fit some of what they say -prone to eating , like my comfort, but - they also say that Taureans are very sexual /sensual!!! :o

• 3 months later...
WobblyWallaby

I like being a Sagittarius...but the whole athletic adventurous thing that is supposed to be part of that has never been true of me. That being said I don't buy into astrology. The only thing that is a constant is... well...no offense to Scorpios but  when meeting one in person they ALWAYS annoy me. I have yet to meet one in person that I haven't had that reaction to.

Archived