New to the Site

Blue Iris

I am a 61 yr old woman who has had trouble feeling comfortable with sex all my life. Being sexual with someone actually made me feel I had to since it was expected, but felt very separate from the individual. All I've ever wanted was to find a companion, friend, confidant, someone with whom I could be comfortable  minus the sex. When I was younger I knew instinctually this was not the way everyone else thought so made me feel as if something was wrong with me. It was just 2 yrs ago that I knew to name myself as asexual and it felt exactly right. I wish it hadn't taken this long to become comfortable with myself, but now I can be clear with others and myself what I need to have satisfying relationships.

LadyWallflower

Hello! It's nice to meet you. :) 

Welcome to the website! I started identifying myself as asexual around 4 years ago. It wasn't so much becoming comfortable with it, but rather that I didn't know the term existed. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, but just that you make it there in the end! I hope you have a lovely time on AVEN.

Welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

Welcome! It was four years ago when I was 51 that I finally figured out my orientation. I did not know that there was romantic and sexual attraction which is what confused me for so many years. I long ago resigned myself to the fact that I will be alone and there are times I woukd really relish it if not for being the support mechanism for family members. 

I have been away so haven't been able to get back to you all. I am comfortable with my asexuality though there are times i feel so apart from everyone else.

Archived