"Experiences of adults with intellectual disability who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex or asexual: a systematic review protocol"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

A new research article! 

http://journals.lww.com/jbisrir/Abstract/2017/09000/Experiences_of_adults_with_intellectual_disability.5.aspx

Ramasamy, V., Rillotta, F., and Alexander, J. (2017). Experiences of adults with intellectual disability who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex or asexual: A systematic review protocol. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, 15 (9), 2234 - 2241. DOI: 10.11124/JBISRIR-2016-003339

Abstract:

The purpose of this systematic review is to identify, appraise and synthesize the best available qualitative evidence on the lived experiences of adults with intellectual disability who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex or asexual in mainstream society.

Ooo fascinating!

I’ll have to check that out. I do case management for people with intellectual abilities. Generally I’ve found with those with moderate or lower functioning, sexuality doesn’t often come into play except for self pleasure in some.  I have dealt with or heard about sexuality issues a few times with higher functioning individuals. 

scarletlatitude
2 hours ago, JenniBean79 said:

I’ll have to check that out. I do case management for people with intellectual abilities. Generally I’ve found with those with moderate or lower functioning, sexuality doesn’t often come into play except for self pleasure in some.  I have dealt with or heard about sexuality issues a few times with higher functioning individuals. 

The link in the OP takes you to a website where you can download the PDF. ;) 

Archived