Converting!

Nebetsu

Hormonal therapy combined with brainwashing could do the trick. I'm not entirely sure I'd recommend that though.

It's just... my girlfriend is asexual and I wish I was too... It would solve a lot of potential problems... You know what I mean?

I do indeed know what you mean. There's no easy way out of it though.

The one piece of advice I can give is that, while compromise is a good thing, not moving to a certain stage of being physical is easier than moving there and then moving back. If you do try something, you should make it clear beforehand exactly what the act means to you, and she should make it clear afterwards exactly how it felt for her to do it. Beyond that, just use common sense and you should be able to work things out.

Thanks. I would definitely die a virgin for her. It's just not going to be easy. But she's worth it. :wink:

• 1 month later...
Is there any way a sexual person can become asexual? Other than lopping off his testicles?

Why would you want to? Why reject your innate identity?

• 11 months later...

So what it wrong with testicular removal and becoming a eunuch, for yout g/f...especially if it is going to be a ltr. I personally have chatted with asexual female virgins that would get involved with a eunuch. It's the direction I'm heading.

SirTimothy

eunuch2be

"Thanks. I would definitely die a virgin for her. It's just not going to be easy. But she's worth it." Hey... you sound like a nice guy. How come there's not more out there like you???

I'm asexual and have considered castration many times. If you don't feel too attatched to your genitals it's a way to go. And then of course there's always brain washing.

Chiaroscuro
Thanks. I would definitely die a virgin for her. It's just not going to be easy. But she's worth it.

I have to say I'm puzzled that some of you guys are encouraging this sentiment. I'm guessing Nebetsu is young, idealistic, a consumer of the "love conquers all" myth. Giving an A/S relationship all you can give is admirable, but attempting to deny your identity (not to mention self-mutilation!), is no sort of answer.

Nebetsu, love your girlfriend with all your heart and when you need to, retreat to your bedroom with a copy of Playboy. It's not "cheating" on her, and more importantly, it's not permanent.

good luck and hugs,

-Chiaroscuro

Asexuality, like all sexual orientation, is a property of the mind & personality. Lopping those testes off won't change a thing.

borrowedTime
Thanks. I would definitely die a virgin for her. It's just not going to be easy. But she's worth it. :wink:

I would advise you not to make any permanent changes, be they physical, physiological or psychological, unless you're absolutely sure that you're doing it for yourself, not for anybody else.

No matter how much you love her, you need to consider all the possibilities... if the worst happens and she leaves you or is hit by a car tomorrow, you'll seriously regret it if you've done anything permanent just because you're with her at the moment.

I would also suggest that probably in any case there isn't any way to really *become* asexual (or, which is a slightly different issue, lose your sex drive) without also causing some serious side-effects to your health or well-being.

Think before you do something thats not reversable.

Do you want kids? Do you want your own blood?

Think before you force this type of thing upon yourself as the moon always waxes and wanes....

Hey! Nebetsu said other than lopping off the testicles. He was not considering self mutilation or drastic irreversible physical changes; that was all brought up by other people. Not to mention he is long gone by now; his last post was May 24th, 2006. Hope we didn't scare him off by jumping on the lop-off-the-testicles idea so darn quick.

Is there any way a sexual person can become asexual? Other than lopping off his testicles?
(bold mine)
appassionata
Thanks. I would definitely die a virgin for her. It's just not going to be easy. But she's worth it.

I have to say I'm puzzled that some of you guys are encouraging this sentiment. I'm guessing Nebetsu is young, idealistic, a consumer of the "love conquers all" myth. Giving an A/S relationship all you can give is admirable, but attempting to deny your identity (not to mention self-mutilation!), is no sort of answer.

I agree. But I've heard this kind of talk from few other sexuals who are no longer young and idealistic. When I told them that I have next to zero chance to a find a partner, they were surprised why I'd think so. They said it wouldn't be such a big deal for them not to have sex if they really loved the asexual person and wouldn't feel they were denying their identity. I was certainly surprised to hear that!

But of course one cannot expect everybody to be the same.

Nebetsu, you should know yourself the best and I wish you good luck finding out the right solution so that both of you are happy!

Chiaroscuro
of course one cannot expect everybody to be the same.

Plus, in this case, talk is cheap. I admit people are different, but, as I've discovered in my 44 years (sixteen of them married to an asexual woman I couldn't love more), you can only be heroic for so long. It costs you nothing to say "ah heck, sex isn't important if you really LOVE someone". It's harder to honestly walk that path.

-Chiaroscuro

Anima_Sola_3o4

Try convincing a doctor that youre depressed, and ask for antidepressants. Some of them can definitely kill a sex drive. My brother had that happen to him (not that i care about his sex life, just saying lol)

And if the first one doesnt work, tell the doc that you dont feel any better, and ask for a different one. Do some research on which one has the highest incidence of lack of sex drive.

But please, please don't lop off your testicles. Though it is very sweet what you are willing to do for her.... things arent always forever.... how old are you? I know you love her, and you could be the one for her, but especially if you're young(er), your tastes could change and so could hers. How tragic would that be for you if you broke up and then you wouldnt be able to enjoy a sexual relationship then after?

Also, all it would do to have your testicles removed would make you a sexual person without testicles. It hormonally would kill your sex drive quite a bit, but there is still a mental state of mind that you are sexual... you know what I mean?

Maybe you should talk to your girlfriend about this.... maybe you can have an open relationship of sorts.... where you can have sex with another girl... but still be together... or maybe you can invest in some uhh sex toy type things... idk....

A lot of people want to. Personally I care too much about remaining the same, never happens though (dynamic mind, time etc). I under stand the OPs problem (not entirely but mostly), but I also know and can see the benefits that remaining as is can bring.

Lopping off testicles wouldn't make anyone asexual, it would just make them...testicleless :shock: :?

Anyways. Orientation is not something you can just change like clothes or something. It's WHO YOU ARE.

• 2 weeks later...
Bootstrap Bill

You know, there are quite a few asexuals that take the attitude that if sex isn't important to them, it shouldn't be important if their partner does it with someone else; as long as everyone understands exactly what's going on.

You could (delicately) see if your partner feels that way. I personally think it's a logical attitude.

Not unless his brain is in his balls.

Archived