Would you ever ask a guy out?

lux aeterna

3 hours ago, Hermit Advocate said:

It's fine. it's better if you have a mini freak out here than in front of him. :D

True. Today is a new day. I am my calm self. Ommmmmm :D

1 hour ago, MaxAmoeba said:

You gals dare to ask a guy out?

I'd love to but haven't found anyone worth the effort :-D

Edit: do guys want to be asked out? :D

Yesterday I was way too hyper and focused. Today I'm chill. At work right now, soon I can get home before my next shift starts and either he is outside/alone or not. Easy peasy :P

I asked! He has a wife. Too bad. But I am seriously proud of myself :D

See, it ain't so bad.  Good on you for finding the guts to try, now you don't have to be tormented by it anymore.

43 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

See, it ain't so bad.  Good on you for finding the guts to try, now you don't have to be tormented by it anymore.

I am actually in a really good mood :D It feels good to dare to do something I was afraid of :)

4 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

I am actually in a really good mood :D It feels good to dare to do something I was afraid of :)

Yay! Good for you for asking!

I guess there are guys who prefer to do the asking, but I believe there are plenty of guys who don't mind being asked or would like to be asked. I know from my early days how hard it can be to ask someone out!

22 minutes ago, daveb said:

Yay! Good for you for asking!

I guess there are guys who prefer to do the asking, but I believe there are plenty of guys who don't mind being asked or would like to be asked. I know from my early days how hard it can be to ask someone out!

I am just celebrating my womanhood with some good german beer :D

7 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

I asked! He has a wife. Too bad. But I am seriously proud of myself :D

Congrats! Glad you did. I totally think making the first move could really make a big difference. As someone who is a bit more shy/submissive (?) It'd be amazing if a woman showed interest in me first. 

Bumble, the app where if 2 people match the woman makes the first comment, is hopefully providing some fuel to empower women to toss aside the traditional asking out..ways 

But at this point in my mid 20's I'm starting to take myself less seriously and care a bit less if I get turned down haha. 

13 minutes ago, Teral said:

Congrats! Glad you did. I totally think making the first move could really make a big difference. As someone who is a bit more shy/submissive (?) It'd be amazing if a woman showed interest in me first. 

Bumble, the app where if 2 people match the woman makes the first comment, is hopefully providing some fuel to empower women to toss aside the traditional asking out..ways 

But at this point in my mid 20's I'm starting to take myself less seriously and care a bit less if I get turned down haha. 

At some point you just don't care so much anymore. :D Like, I will still seem every day for a few months still, but I'm totally fine with ut. I really thought it would be worse. Don't loose hope :D

2 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

At some point you just don't care so much anymore. :D Like, I will still seem every day for a few months still, but I'm totally fine with ut. I really thought it would be worse. Don't loose hope :D

Yep! Gotta take youself a little less seriously haha. 

4 hours ago, Zash said:

Also, the next guy will be easier.  You've done it before, so it will be less stressful.

True :D life is already serious enough. 

I once asked a guy out but he turned out to have a girlfriend, so no luck^^ And I asked other guys out - just as friends, to have dinner or have a drink - and often my friendly intentions have been mistaken for romantic attentions... haha well that was too bad for them. But it was also true the other way around, me being asked out by guys, and I thought it was jsut as friends when they had plans to go out as dates :o And then I had to deeply aplogize for not understanding that this was a date and not just two friends going out. Haha part of the things that led me to AVEN ;)

But I'm so happy for you that you dares ask him out!! And as Zash said, next time will be easier!

2 minutes ago, Kersenne said:

I once asked a guy out but he turned out to have a girlfriend, so no luck^^ And I asked other guys out - just as friends, to have dinner or have a drink - and often my friendly intentions have been mistaken for romantic attentions... haha well that was too bad for them. But it was also true the other way around, me being asked out by guys, and I thought it was jsut as friends when they had plans to go out as dates :o And then I had to deeply aplogize for not understanding that this was a date and not just two friends going out. Haha part of the things that led me to AVEN ;)

But I'm so happy for you that you dares ask him out!! And as Zash said, next time will be easier!

Maybe next time someone will ask me, that would be less exhausting :P

Hermit Advocate
On 11/17/2017 at 4:56 AM, lux aeterna said:

Maybe next time someone will ask me, that would be less exhausting :P

The person you want to (theoretically) ask you out will probably go the same nervousness you did. 

52 minutes ago, Hermit Advocate said:

The person you want to (theoretically) ask you out will probably go the same nervousness you did. 

Or maybe, hopefully, that person will be an extrovert :P

Hermit Advocate
1 minute ago, lux aeterna said:

Or maybe, hopefully, that person will be an extrovert :P

I suppose there is that. But I imagine even extroverts feel a bit nervous about asking someone to start a relationship with them. 

Just now, Hermit Advocate said:

I suppose there is that. But I imagine even extroverts feel a bit nervous about asking someone to start a relationship with them. 

That already takes it too far actually. I just want a date in the near future :D

Hermit Advocate

Well, I hope your date hunting goes well; and hopefully the guy asks you out so you don't have to stress about it. :)

4 hours ago, Hermit Advocate said:

Well, I hope your date hunting goes well; and hopefully the guy asks you out so you don't have to stress about it. :)

In a perfect world, that would happen :P

Archived