Would you ever ask a guy out?

lux aeterna

2 minutes ago, Lotta_Biscotti said:

@lux aeterna Eh, a lot of context is lost in text. Plus I don't know your friends. It was probably just palling around then.

True, so don't worry. We are just weird on a normal level. :D

2 minutes ago, Lotta_Biscotti said:

@lux aeterna Weird is good. ^^

Amen to that. :D

J. van Deijck

I actually did it and it was a good decision.

thankfully my self-esteem is sometimes higher.

I’m not a chick I am a dude but I have asked guys out and I have been asked out by guys.

And I think you should definitely just do it, it’s not that big of a deal. I never got why so many women seem to make such a fuss about asking someone out or telling them they are interested and then often don’t do it and are disappointed if the chance passes them by. If one isn’t direct and doesn’t show interest how is the other person supposed to know you like them and want to meet up? Plus one won’t find out what the other person thinks by not saying a word either.  

lots of guys appreciate a woman getting the confidence together to do the asking. maybe his friends tell him he has a "stay the fuck away from me"-face too. go for it. 

1 hour ago, Antihero. said:

I’m not a chick I am a dude but I have asked guys out and I have been asked out by guys.

And I think you should definitely just do it, it’s not that big of a deal. I never got why so many women seem to make such a fuss about asking someone out or telling them they are interested and then often don’t do it and are disappointed if the chance passes them by. If one isn’t direct and doesn’t show interest how is the other person supposed to know you like them and want to meet up? Plus one won’t find out what the other person thinks by not saying a word either.  

Another german, yay! Did I ever ask you where you're from?

Alright, thanks for the encouragement. Now I just need to find a moment where he is alone. 

1 hour ago, fiѕh said:

lots of guys appreciate a woman getting the confidence together to do the asking. maybe his friends tell him he has a "stay the fuck away from me"-face too. go for it. 

Maybe his friends told him about my stay the fuck away from me face :P

1 hour ago, lux aeterna said:

Maybe his friends told him about my stay the fuck away from me face :P

he would be warned then lol

I would not.And I wouldn't probably accept it if they did.My relationship with guys are only in the sexual attraction level.

Not looking for an excuse, but today I thought about something: Between my shifts I came home for a minute and I saw them making burgers. I am a vegetarian since six years and often people start discussing with me about it. I do not care at all about who eats meat and who does not, but meat eaters seem to hate vegetarians. My ex could never get over my decision and it was very very annoying. Imagine he says yes and we go do a steakhouse or something :P that makes me doubt right now, what do y'all think?

7 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

Not looking for an excuse, but today I thought about something: Between my shifts I came home for a minute and I saw them making burgers. I am a vegetarian since six years and often people start discussing with me about it. I do not care at all about who eats meat and who does not, but meat eaters seem to hate vegetarians. My ex could never get over my decision and it was very very annoying. Imagine he says yes and we go do a steakhouse or something :P that makes me doubt right now, what do y'all think?

You invite him out to eat somewhere where you can order vegetarian. "Hey, you want to go get some pizza / Italian/ Chinese takeout / fancy resteraunt food? / insert food place here?"

13 hours ago, Lichley said:

You invite him out to eat somewhere where you can order vegetarian. "Hey, you want to go get some pizza / Italian/ Chinese takeout / fancy resteraunt food? / insert food place here?"

My biggest talent is overthinking. Thank you :D

3 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

My biggest talent is overthinking. Thank you :D

Not a problem. Just relax and enjoy yourself, you'd both be there just to have a good time and enjoy each others company, so just go with somewhere you feel comfortable and make them feel comfortable and welcomed and it should go just fine :) 

5 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Not a problem. Just relax and enjoy yourself, you'd both be there just to have a good time and enjoy each others company, so just go with somewhere you feel comfortable and make them feel comfortable and welcomed and it should go just fine :) 

I still need to catch him alone :P

8 minutes ago, lux aeterna said:

I still need to catch him alone :P

"Hey can I talk to you for a sec" and pull them away from their friends, then "Do you want to go out for dinner sometime?"

52 minutes ago, Lichley said:

"Hey can I talk to you for a sec" and pull them away from their friends, then "Do you want to go out for dinner sometime?"

I can't 8D it already takes the courage of my almost 27 years to ask at all.

4 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

I can't 8D it already takes the courage of my almost 27 years to ask at all.

Maybe set the mood to make you feel more comfortable when you do get them alone then? Make yourself feel safe and comfortable talking about it so you can be more honest and clear with your emotions.

15 hours ago, Lichley said:

Maybe set the mood to make you feel more comfortable when you do get them alone then? Make yourself feel safe and comfortable talking about it so you can be more honest and clear with your emotions.

Oh my god, I just can't. Today I had a chance, but I froze. Why is that so hard?

i have asked a guy out, he said yes, we went out and that was it. why are people scared. just walk up and speak if he says no walk away, flip your hair and drop and pen then slowly pick it up, show him what he is missing out on aye 

that last part was a joke btw 

3 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

Oh my god, I just can't. Today I had a chance, but I froze. Why is that so hard?

It's the fight/flight/freeze response. You were faced with a dangerous situation and froze, it's perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed about. Why not try fighting by building up your courage beforehand and attempting to face the danger head on. I believe in you!! :D 

3 hours ago, miettaisace said:

i have asked a guy out, he said yes, we went out and that was it. why are people scared. just walk up and speak if he says no walk away, flip your hair and drop and pen then slowly pick it up, show him what he is missing out on aye 

that last part was a joke btw 

I had to think of this scene from legally blonde while reading it :D

21 minutes ago, Lichley said:

It's the fight/flight/freeze response. You were faced with a dangerous situation and froze, it's perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed about. Why not try fighting by building up your courage beforehand and attempting to face the danger head on. I believe in you!! :D 

You make it sound so easy :P I'll be home in an hour. Maybe it works if I tell myself "everything will be ok" for that time 8D

He is giving a lesson since two fucking hours. I already got groceries and took out the trash. I have no options left to check if they are still practicing 8D

2 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

I had to think of this scene from legally blonde while reading i

that was literally the inspiration :D

"oh my gaad the bend and snap works every time" 

I hope it works :D

Aaaaaargh, he turned off the lights and drove away in lilke 5 seconds. It went super fast. Aaaargh. That is too much stress for me 8D

1 hour ago, lux aeterna said:

Aaaaaargh, he turned off the lights and drove away in lilke 5 seconds. It went super fast. Aaaargh. That is too much stress for me 8D

Calm down, don't try to rush things. He's obviously busy right now, why not try later on when he has some more free time?

1 hour ago, Lichley said:

Calm down, don't try to rush things. He's obviously busy right now, why not try later on when he has some more free time?

I actually do not have the time to look all the time if he is busy :P today was too stressful. Sorry if I'm annoying :redface:

Hermit Advocate
6 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

today was too stressful. Sorry if I'm annoying :redface:

It's fine. it's better if you have a mini freak out here than in front of him. :D

Archived