I have sexual feelings for fictional characters. Am I still asexual?

Cheetah74878

I identify as an asexual, but I do have sexual feelings for anime characters. I wouldn't feel the same if they became real, though. I also don't have any feelings for other people. Am I still an asexual or am I demisexusl?

I believe asexuality is only the lack of sexual attraction to people in real life. So yes, you could still be considered asexual.

What theap said is correct. I don't think having sexual feelings for fictional characters is all that uncommon for asexuals. I've seen people talk about that quite a bit.

• Like 1

You would still fall under the asexual umbrella and I would still say you are asexual.

I have them too for fictional characters but wouldn't want to fk the actor and I identify as ace so it's possible.

Ehh, I don't really share the same opinion as most others here.  IMO if you experience this, you already have the potential capacity for sexual attraction toward other people.  The feelings are there, they're just currently directed in another direction.

I guess it depends on whether you can acknowledge that you simply haven't had anyone tickle your fancy in the same way these fictional characters do, or if you only experience this *because* they are fictional.

• Like 1