Digital Spy - "Emmerdale fans praise Liv Flaherty's storyline as the show hints she's asexual"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a840521/emmerdale-liv-flaherty-asexual-storyline-praise/

13 October 2017

Spoiler

Emmerdale fans have praised Liv Flaherty (Isobel Steele), as the show continues to hint at an asexual storyline for the character.

During Thursday night's episode (October 12), the youngster told Belle Dingle she doesn't feel attracted to men or women, leading fans to believe she may be asexual and the issue will be explored in the soap going forward.

If true, Liv's storyline would mark new ground for Emmerdale, which has never directly addressed asexuality before.

Liv's announcement came after a botched attempt to kiss Gerry earlier this week.

After being pressured into admitting feelings for him by her pal Gabby Thomas, Liv got drunk and tried to kiss the troubled teen, although he pushed her off and she soon passed out.

"Gabby was going on at me about not being into boys and I wanted to kiss Gerry to prove her wrong," Liv told Belle.

"I wish I fancied him, it would be a lot easier. I'm just not that into guys.

"I don't like anyone. At all. I know, it's weird. It is. Everyone has feelings for someone and I've got nothing."

And fans have since praised the show for tackling an under-explored subject on TV:

Janus the Fox

Neat, it wasn't too long ago I over-heard the full long LGBT+ acronym and Tumblr being mentioned in conversation on Emmerdale sometime last week, good to see and hear of a divergence of sexuality storylines, going beyond seeing asexuality as the boring plot device.

Archived