AVEN Server Fundraiser

michaeld

7 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

Four part spot?

*taps nose*

...at least I think I posted it there. It's been a while. It might not even be up anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Buy me enough drinks and I'll record some holiday tunes. :P

4 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Buy me enough drinks and I'll record some holiday tunes. :P

Where? When?

1 minute ago, Midland Tyke said:

Where? When?

Over the weekend when I'm avoiding family.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Perissodactyla

Is a donation to AVEN for the server campaign tax-deductible? I think AVEN is valid as a US registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. (?)

If so, I read on the GoFundMe site that the campaign should display that AVEN is a Certified Charity campaign, in order for donations to be tax-deductible.

Only donations made to GoFundMe Certified Charity campaigns (valid for US registered 501(c)(3) charitable organizations only), are guaranteed to be tax-deductible and will receive tax-deductible receipts automatically from our charity partner, PayPal Giving Fund. 

How do I know if I donated to a Certified Charity campaign?

Donations and Tax Deductions

Donations made to GoFundMe Personal campaigns are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. You can always check with a tax professional to be sure.

Only donations made to GoFundMe Certified Charity campaigns (valid for US registered 501(c)(3) charitable organizations only), are guaranteed to be tax-deductible and will receive tax-deductible receipts automatically from our charity partner, PayPal Giving Fund. 

How do I know if I donated to a Certified Charity campaign?

If you donated to a Certified Charity campaign, you should've received a tax-deductible receipt from PayPal Giving Fund (or FirstGiving, prior to November 3, 2016). You can also visit the campaign you donated to and look for the 'Certified Charity' badge, which would be listed under the Campaign Organizer’s name.

If you don't see the 'Certified Charity' badge on the campaign you donated to, then the campaign is a Personal campaign. In this case, you'll want to consult with a tax professional in your area to see if your donation is eligible to claim as a tax deduction.

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/203604684-Donations-and-Tax-Deductions

• 4 months later...

It requires a minimum of $5 and I only have $2 so sorry I'm not donating. 

• 2 months later...

Is this just for the hardware to run things? I thought it was going to be a lot less per year, is a breakdown available?

• 2 weeks later...
RedSpiderLily

I'll post when I get paid next week as there's not too many places on the web for such mature discussion.

• 1 month later...
Isabel Susana Carmichael

I am currently supporting the Lambda Literary Foundation through Amazon Smile. They should have AVEN listed. I'll have to double check though. 

19 minutes ago, Isabel Susana Carmichael said:

I am currently supporting the Lambda Literary Foundation through Amazon Smile. They should have AVEN listed. I'll have to double check though. 

I checked, it is not. I have Helen Keller International

Archived