Do you like kissing?

kvothe

My qpp and I have kissed a bit when we were trying the boyfriend/girlfriend thing (before either of us realized we were arospec). I like chaste kisses on the lips without any tongue, and the times we tried French kissing it was a little nice but overall kind of a "meh" experience for me - and I get grossed out if I think too much about it.

SuperSpAceChips
On 10/28/2017 at 2:50 PM, Groobly said:

Yep. Basically any kind of kissing, really. It's just a great way to be intimate that doesn't require sex.

Yeah! I agree with you. It's a nice way to be intimate without the need for sex haha.

PurveyorOfBadPuns

I don't like kissing, but that may just be because I'm super grossed out by mouths/saliva.

So I really don't like kissing, like at all. In general I just can't handle people's faces being that close to mine. I struggled with making eye contact for years, only recently got better at it, still hate it when it happens with strangers. And now John Green with TATWD has pretty much turned me off the whole kissing thing, cause mouths are gross. I was kinda ok with someone kissing something not my face (like collarbone region), that wasn't horrible.

BinaryFission

I mean, i like small kisses at the cheek and small gestures and such. I find it cute and quick, and it's something quite simple that can speak a lot. I have had things more intense than this, and it just doesn't feel like I enjoyed the way I thought I would. Maybe it was just the wrong person, I don't know. 

Indifferent, but the number of times I've actually caught the signal to kiss, and avoided a womans mouth and kissed her on the cheek or forehead, and the poor lady's eyes turn from infatuation to confusion I can count on one hand.

The times where women/men have simply walked up and kissed my lips without asking weren't bad, I just wished they would have asked first because I would have said yes probably.

39 minutes ago, GenuinetheDude said:

The times where women/men have simply walked up and kissed my lips without asking weren't bad,

I'd slap people if they tried doing that to me. I always keep a pen in my pocket i case of something bad happens to me (cause apparently pens can be weapons) 

2 minutes ago, Cup-of-cake said:

I'd slap people if they tried doing that to me. I always keep a pen in my pocket i case of something bad happens to me (cause apparently pens can be weapons) 

As a large man, try slapping a woman under ANY circumstances and see where that gets you (jail.)  The law is not on your side.

I like kissing my partner, when it gets really heavy... eh. When I meet europeans (or my relatives for some reason) and they kiss as a greeting I find it super weird. 

Mm, true. But since I'm in high school, and most the kids there are horn dogs, I'd have a good reason to at least punch em'. I'm under the radar since I'm quiet and don't do much (I'm a boring individual, ho no!) 

• 2 weeks later...
kimhasapetfish

I have been kissed two people in my life, I didn't really like it. Like sucking a slug. 

So far I've kissed 2 people and didn't especially like it either time. It's like... "Their mouth is touching my mouth and I can feel their saliva and their teeth and I'm kind of grossed out." It kind of disappointed me to learn this about myself because IN THEORY I think kissing is super romantic and sweet. In theory.

I've always enjoyed a kiss on the cheek or a hickey/love bite but but hated kissing on the lips especially with tongues makes me feel uncomfortable and i have only ever done it to make a partner happy.  

i love kissing someone or someone kissing me anywhere (not genitals ew) but my lips. kiss my hand, neck, shoulder, down my stomach and im happy. 

ive vomitted on 7 guys shoes over the years who kissed me at parties and i get physically ill. i cant stand the thought of mouths on mouths EWWW.

i can do a quick peck like, in and out in 1 second but the very idea of an open mouth touching mine makes me go stiff. \

i wish i could kiss cause then id be so good at pretending i wasnt ace, id just go kissing guys at clubs and no one would think i was strange or boring. but id just rather talk about my camping and fishin trips then lock lips with a man. 

It’s been awkward in my own experience.  I don’t get any kicks out of kissing, but I’ve gone along with it to make the other person happy and it just feels so robotic and fake on my part.

Also it’s kinda creepy when the other person is getting off on it and I’m just sitting there trying to figure out why it’s a thing in the first place.

Space-Ace-Android

Nope! I do not want to kiss. Some can seem a bit gross (With tongues touching) and you could probably taste their breath when you kiss.

I may be open to it in the future, but for now, no.

In England a kiss can be called a smooch, I do not know of any others.

Smooch Cake!

Image result for Lips  cake

I personally like kissing, (or because it's been a while) the idea of it. :lol: Sometimes I feel like that makes it harder as an asexual, because it can confuse a lot of people why you'd like that and not other things? It doesn't seem to be very popular amongst other ace-identifying people either, but maybe I'm wrong there!

Over the course of my childhood I've had about 3 'Girlfriends' (only 1 was a decently-lasting relationship), and thus, its my most recent one whose kisses I remember the most. Looking back on it, I realise that the only time we kissed was when we would part after going out or seeing each other for whatever reason. It was only once every time, though we did kiss on the lips once (but for about a second; we didn't linger). Now, at that time, we were both 16, and for both of us, we saw our brief kisses as a fun little way to end our time together, not anything to delve into, so to speak. I haven't kissed a guy before, however whenever I'm sitting next to a guy who I'm currently crushing on (he doesn't know that I am, but that's a wholly separate story xD!) in one my Uni's cafes whenever there's an LGBT+ Society Lunch there, I'm overwhelmed by what I can only presume is a romantic attraction; a desire to be close and intimate with him in a romantic way, and I often imagine what kissing him would be like. If I ever got the chance (depending on where we were when it happened), I would ensure that it was a deep, meaningful kiss on the lips. So, TL:DR, I do very much like kissing; I think it's a great way to express your affection for another.

I agree with you all, I think there's a distinction between kinds of kisses. 

My first kiss was my first semester in college, I tried going on a date with a guy cause I figured it was about time, and I was having a good time until he leaned in and kissed me. I felt absolutely nothing, and ended it the next day. I had tried it and it was whole unsatisfactory. 

The next time I was a few months ago (junior year), one of my friends was concerned that I didn't know how to kiss anyone and asked if I wanted him to teach me. Being an idiot and not noticing any subtext there, I said sure, and he started making out with me. It was the grossest thing, all wet and tongue and moaning I never want to think about it again. I said thanks but no more and put an end to it. 

The only time I have ever wanted to kiss someone was my best friend, who I tragically fell in love with since she's strait. I didn't tell her cause our friendship was more important to me than anything, but I'd imagine us confessing our love to each other and me softly lifting her chin up and gently pressing my life against hers. It was the simplest of fantasies but I wanted nothing more, nothing further, and I have felt nothing like that ever since. 

I enjoy kissing at the beginning of a relationship, when the romantic side is running things. After the newness of the relationship wears off, I don't like kissing except quick pecks on lips. 

I've got a weird relationship with kissing. I get pretty aroused by french kissing, but find it pretty disgusting at the same time, if that makes any sense. I recently tried it (second person I've ever kissed) and the dissonance between my body's reaction and my mental revulsion was disturbing. Not sure how common that is. Like a lot of people here I hate the idea of swapping saliva, touching tongues, etc.

Archived