Announcing the 2017 Ace Community Census

timewarp

EDIT: The survey is now closed. Thanks to everybody who has taken it! :)

Happy Asexual Awareness Week everybody! As every year we will be posting on several different topics, and we are kicking off with the Ace Community Census!!!

It’s that time of year again – we are now recruiting participants for the Ace Community Census!

The Ace Community Census is an annual survey by the Ace Community Survey Team, which collects valuable information on the demographics and experiences of members in the ace community. It is the largest survey of ace communities and creates a valuable pool of data for future ace community activists and researchers.

The survey is open to anyone: ace, non-ace, or still questioning; as long as you are over the age of 13 we want to hear from you! We want to get a wide variety of responses from as many parts of the community as possible, so we encourage you to share this link with any other potentially interested individuals you know or any ace communities you participate in.

Click here to take the 2017 Ace Community Census: goo.gl/NXTn5g

You will be able to view any published results from the survey at asexualcensus.wordpress.com. If you would like to automatic email update when new results or announcements are posted, you can subscribe here.

timewarp

Project Team

EDIT: The results of the 2015 Census are now available in a report.

2 minutes ago, Ciri said:

When can we expect the results of this to be released? ...and 2014’s...

Sooner than you think!!! :D

AnarchistTactician

When will this be over? (census) 

I turn 14 in less than a month. :(

what's the definition of sexual activity? maybe it was described and I didn't read it.  I am fine with never being penetrated again but I quite enjoy cuddling. Is cuddling defined as sexual activity?

2 hours ago, Chibe90 said:

what's the definition of sexual activity? maybe it was described and I didn't read it.  I am fine with never being penetrated again but I quite enjoy cuddling. Is cuddling defined as sexual activity?

No, I wouldn't classify cuddling as sexual activity.

It’s been a complaint for a while for people like me that the US census (among others) separates Hispanic/latinx types of nationalities from all the others. I’ve read that people of mixed descent will inconsistently identify themselves as Hispanic/latinx vs their other nationalities because of the confusion of the way it’s organized. It’s just more intuitive to have it all on the same checkbox list. I think I also read that the US government is working on changing to that system.

I think one of the rationales for it was something about emphasizing the cultural background, but if that’s the case they could have 2 separate, complete lists. One for genetics, the other for personal cultural influences.

The census seemed fairly thorough, though. 

Dunnit :P

Done, I can't wait to see what the results are

Archived