Anyone else not had a girlfriend/boyfriend and not been on a date?

Divide By Zero

On 05/11/2017 at 8:17 PM, neecee said:

Yeah, I'm 23 and I've never had a S.O or been on any dates. 

The thought of it usually never bothers me, but every now and again I'll get into a mood where I crave companionship.  

Which then leads to me looking into dating websites or just trying to make new friends online, and then getting scared off when anyone shows any type of romantic interest, or falling outta touch when I don't know how to keep a conversation going...

I get a little annoyed with myself when that happens.

This sounds so much like me - I have tried dating websites, thinking that maybe I jut haven't met the right person in 'real' life, but every time I get to the point of meeting someone I suddenly realise it's not what I want and I start almost pushing them away. It's then a relief when they don't want to meet again.

I don't mean to do it, and I think I have now come to terms with the fact that it really isn't for me.

I am 34 btw, and have also never had a remoatic or sexual relationship. It's so much of a relief to find a forum full of people with similar experiences and feelings.

Been on a couple "dates that I didn't realize they were supposed to be dates until after the fact. All during college, which is when these things are supposed to happen, yeah? 

1. Close male friend asked me to coffee off-campus. He drove since I didn't have a car, and he insisted on paying for me. We were friends, so we just chatted for an hour or so. I wad later told by my family that he probably thought it was a date.

2. Different male friend, but same friend group. Me, a female friend, her boyfriend, and another male friend went bowling together. Apparently it was a double-date?

3. Same male friend as 2. We're both into Doctor Who, and he had some of the pre-reboot DW tapes, and incited me to his place to watch some one night. That one got a little awkward, since that was when he started being obvious enough that even I could see he was trying to make a play for me.

After that, we had the "define the relatipnship" talk, where he told me flat out he liked me, I told him I didn't feel that way about him, (this was before I'd heard of asexuality as an orientation, so all I knew is I didn't like him as more than a friend), and then he kissed me on the cheek. It made me super uncomfortable.

But, apparently, I had a "boyfriend" in elementary school. Does that count? I don't even remember it, but that was my only boyfriend.

Never had a boyfriend or girlfriend or been on a date (to my knowledge anyway....) .i'm not aromantic though and would like to have a relationship of some kind someday, but between my past trauma which makes me uneasy with people getting too close (physically or emotionally) and my shyness /social anxiety which makes me so awkward around people and leads to me spending all my time alone, i'm not sure it's ever gonna stand a chance of happening.

I haven't dated anyone, though thinking back on life, there are a couple times I could have counted having a date or pursued dating (ok, well, except that time in 7th grade a boy asked me out and then dumped me two weeks later). I was thinking about other things, ejoying life, or wasn't interested or had no clue how to start. I'd like a relationship and be close to someone, It just takes a longer time for me to develop feelings, and it's a challenge dating with no sexual attraction.

Archived