i was gay, now im not, am i a-sexual?

beef_homie

beef_homie

i am a confused 19 year old in need of answers. i have been pondering this question for some time now. this time last year i was living with a female partner and perfectly happy, the relationship came to end due to reasons not concerning my sexuality. since the split i have been around the block ... with more gender than one. i have recently come to a decision that i am no longer gay after living as a gay man for some time. I think maybe i am a-sexual ... my good friends kayleigh and ryan think this also. Any advice or words of wisdom would be much appreciated in my desperate time of need

many thanks

beef

You are what you are; straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or whatever. The labels don't matter, because they can't adequately describe anyone to perfectly suit them.

That said, generally an asexual doesn't feel sexual attraction to anyone. This sin't to say that there aren't asexuals that have sex - just that sexual behavior isn't the driving force for us, in general.

Either way, this is a good place to consider it; everyone's welcome, and we generally try to avoid pushing any orientation as 'superior', so you can debate it and make up your own mind - you're the only one who can, really.

The Evil Cashew

Welcome and like Kassil said.. the choice is yours. but hte use of labels is a choice.

we can;t unfortunately make the decision for other poeple. though we would liek to help. feel free though to check the siote otu and search somet topics or start new threads. hopefulyl we can help you figure things out

~Cashew

Hey there, and welcome!

Something you may want to concider is that romantic attraction and sexual attraction can be thought of totally separately. Many people here are "homo-romantic a-sexuals" or "hetero-romantic bi-sexuals" or somesuch. Just something to keep in mind. ^^

Archived