Man, introductions are hard. Hi everyone.

grayacehulk

Hi. Call me Hulk, I guess. I'm an older (80s/90s kid) ace who figured themselves out pretty recently. I like pretty much all things nerdy and I work two jobs to subsidize all things nerdy. 

Honestly, the main reason I'm here is that I realized there was a real gap in my life on National Coming Out Day. All my gay and bi friends were all over social media, a few trans friends too, and I'm still here, in the closet, in real life. I live in a place where I don't feel comfortable even coming out as ace, much less anything else, and I decided to come here seeking community. 

I'm not really sure what makes a good intro post, but here I am. Nice to meet everyone. 

Welcome! Have some cake. You'll always be accepted here :D

c3.jpg

That cake looks so good I'm tempted to ask for a recipe! I know you probably didn't make it, but a person can hope right? :P

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Image result for mouthwatering cake

12 hours ago, grayacehulk said:

That cake looks so good I'm tempted to ask for a recipe! I know you probably didn't make it, but a person can hope right? :P

It's a basic chocolate sponge with some gooey chocolate icing. Cook the two parts separately and glue them together with some of the icing for the middle bit.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
13 hours ago, grayacehulk said:

Hi. Call me Hulk, I guess. I'm an older (80s/90s kid) ace who figured themselves out pretty recently. I like pretty much all things nerdy and I work two jobs to subsidize all things nerdy. 

Honestly, the main reason I'm here is that I realized there was a real gap in my life on National Coming Out Day. All my gay and bi friends were all over social media, a few trans friends too, and I'm still here, in the closet, in real life. I live in a place where I don't feel comfortable even coming out as ace, much less anything else, and I decided to come here seeking community. 

I'm not really sure what makes a good intro post, but here I am. Nice to meet everyone. 

Hey there Hulk,

Warm cyber greetings coming from another nerdy 80's kid :D

It's great to have you here! I'm sure you'll make yourself at home with plenty of new ace friends in no time (including myself).

Thanks for the welcome, the links, and the cake advice, guys. Everyone here is so nice!

Archived