Free the Nipple, I'd like some asexual perspectives

Groobly

Free the Nipple?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should a woman be able to show her nipple as much as a man can?

• Yes, free the damn things already.
    • No, hide it away, begone!

1 hour ago, Philip027 said:

Topless guys are a lot more of a common sight here in Hawaii.  I'm almost always shirtless around the house myself because it's just too hot.

I've always told my mom that she could do it too if she wants, I wouldn't care.  But her sensibilities won't allow her.

Yeah, it seems like in Hawaii the heat would make something like this more useful, which is why it should be an option in the first place in my opinion. :P

1 hour ago, Serran said:

I can't vote in the poll, really... I want a third option. :lol:

I don't like seeing either men or women topless, it makes me uncomfortable and I tend to look away. Exposure to topless men hasn't made me any more OK with it, so I doubt exposure would do much for me for women, either. 

Though, if one is allowed, then I don't see why not for the others. Most women would not choose to go topless, anyway, just like most men don't... 

I dunno, the first option sounds like ultimately what you'd agree on. :P Though I do wish I had made a third option for people who think the double standard is unfair but personally don't want to see this kind of thing. I feel like that'd actually have a lot of votes.

The Terrible Travis
On 10/12/2017 at 0:49 AM, Julian of Norwich said:

To me, the female chest is a sex organ and very different from a male one. It can cause physical arousal and should therefore not be shown in public to protect boys in puberty (for whom it may be embarrassing to conceal a boner) and celibate people like monks.

Also, how many married folks would like to see their partner get turned on by random people on the street?

Is this supposed to be a serious argument?

as i said in my last post its legal in Australia for anyone's nipples to be seen, although its looked down upon if a woman does it..

i felt very real shame about my chest growing because i had to cover it. maybe because i dont see chests as sexual because im ace or maybe its something else that i cant pin put but fact is that being forced to cover something just because i was born with a vag isnt fair and is super fucked up.

if my nipples make you horny that isnt my fault..thats not even remotely my fault. 

like its a nipple with some fat behind it. 

read my last post for my full thoughts. 

45 minutes ago, The Terrible Travis said:

Is this supposed to be a serious argument?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

im sorry but FUCKIN OATH!!!!

just because something can turn you on doesn't mean i should have to be covered...ever heard of a foot fetish....thongs and sandals and any other open toe shoes arent illegal.

plus male chests are sex organs...people do shit to there boyfriends chest all the time. literally my sister told me her boyfriend likes his nipples sucked. ugh that argument is so stupid. 

nothinbuttrouble

yes, FREE THE NIPPLE

men's chests are sexualized , too

there is no excuse for arresting gals without shirts

actually, I think nudity in general should be okay

nudity is highly sexualized right now, but a person's body is not an object built only for the

gratification of someone else- so nudity isn't actually sexual. People shouldn't have to

apologize for others being able to see their bodies.

1 hour ago, nothinbuttrouble said:

actually, I think nudity in general should be okay

nudity is highly sexualized right now, but a person's body is not an object built only for the

gratification of someone else- so nudity isn't actually sexual. People shouldn't have to

apologize for others being able to see their bodies.

I don't think full nudity will ever be desexualized, because actual sex organs are down there, but who knows maybe some day we can move even beyond that. Like I've been saying, perhaps something like that would be possible with constant and regular exposure to it, making it just a regular thing to see. I don't think we're anywhere even close to that point yet, though. I'm happy just to start with women's chests. However, I will say that I think there are sanitation reasons to keep some parts of our body covered. I'd never want humanity to just ditch clothes in general, but maybe we could have more full on nudist beaches or something. That'd be cool for the people who want that kind of option!

1 hour ago, skıt said:

enslave all nipples and fight in gladiator combat 

Are the nipples becoming sentient and fighting each other, or are we having nipple based gladiatorial combat? It sounds like you've got a hell of an idea here, but I need to hear some elaboration. :P

I voted yes because everyone should have the right to show off their body, but the idea of actually seeing women's breasts in public on a regular basis makes me cringe.  It's fine if women are standing still or moving slowly, but as soon as they start to move unevenly (fast walking, running, going down stairs, etc) then I think I would have to shield my eyes.  Not wearing a bra is physically uncomfortable for me, so watching someone else's baps jiggling around freely would just make me imagine how uncomfortable it would feel for me to do that myself... :-/

8 minutes ago, Twig55 said:

I voted yes because everyone should have the right to show off their body, but the idea of actually seeing women's breasts in public on a regular basis makes me cringe.  It's fine if women are standing still or moving slowly, but as soon as they start to move unevenly (fast walking, running, going down stairs, etc) then I think I would have to shield my eyes.  Not wearing a bra is physically uncomfortable for me, so watching someone else's baps jiggling around freely would just make me imagine how uncomfortable it would feel for me to do that myself... :-/

See, that's a completely fair response. It's posts like this that really make me wish I had made the poll more personalized. Something along the lines of:

• Yes; it doesn't matter to me
  • No; I don't like the idea of seeing more nudity in public
  • Yes; I ultimately don't like the idea of more nudity in public, but I don't like the double standard

The poll was really last second and I didn't put much thought into it. The thing is, I knew when I was making it that asexuals would have that perspective too. I could add them now, but the majority of votes have already happened so the new options wouldn't get as many votes as they'd have gotten if they were there all along. Oh well, hindsight is 20x20.

6 hours ago, Groobly said:

Are the nipples becoming sentient and fighting each other, or are we having nipple based gladiatorial combat? It sounds like you've got a hell of an idea here, but I need to hear some elaboration. :P

Two words:

Nipple. Jousting. 

Men and women both covered. 

I don't consider breasts sexual, I just have non-existent facial recognition. I recognise people based on their clothing choices. If a male friend suddenly grew his hair and walked topless everywhere, I wouldn't recognise him at all. 

Also skin cancer. 

If I could grow stalactites from my nipples, I'd be a happy lady.

Technically, stalactites point down, and stalagmites point up.  Assuming you meant one that protrudes to the side like a typical nipple, we might need a new term for it.

7 minutes ago, Ciri said:

Men and women both covered. 

I don't consider breasts sexual, I just have non-existent facial recognition. I recognise people based on their clothing choices. If a male friend suddenly grew his hair and walked topless everywhere, I wouldn't recognise him at all. 

Also skin cancer. 

That's the most interesting answer I've heard so far. I hope the people in your life don't change their styles too often. :P

2 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Technically, stalactites point down, and stalagmites point up.  Assuming you meant one that protrudes to the side like a typical nipple, we might need a new term for it.

Hah, I was picturing them literally hanging down from her erect nipples like a regular stalactite. Wait, what typical nipple protrudes to the side though? :o 

On 10/12/2017 at 8:49 PM, Julian of Norwich said:

To me, the female chest is a sex organ and very different from a male one. It can cause physical arousal and should therefore not be shown in public to protect boys in puberty (for whom it may be embarrassing to conceal a boner) and celibate people like monks.

Also, how many married folks would like to see their partner get turned on by random people on the street?

Omg I just saw this response to me. This is literally the strangest answer in this thread!

Women aren't sexless, they get turned on by naked men's chests too lol. And teenage girls do as well. Women's tits are just as much a 'sex organ' as a man's are. Though a man's are even more-so because that's literally their only purpose. Women's breasts at least are also used for.. wait what was that thing women have breasts for? Oh that's right, feeding babies. lol. :P

7 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Women's tits are just as much a 'sex organ' as a man's are.

Which is to say not at all. They can be used for sexual stimulation, but so can a million other things; even doing stuff to someone's ears can do it. Anything that feels good, really.

13 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Hah, I was picturing them literally hanging down from her erect nipples like a regular stalactite. Wait, what typical nipple protrudes to the side though? :o 

Yeeeeeeah, I tried Googling "sideways nipple" to see if that's even possible... There's some weeeeird shit there. :blink:

20 minutes ago, Groobly said:

Which is to say not at all. They can be used for sexual stimulation, but so can a million other things; even doing stuff to someone's ears can do it. Anything that feels good, really.

Haha yeah, the only actual 'sex organs' on the human body are the genitals, if we're speaking like, biologically. But yeah nipples are an erogenous zone on both men and women, as are the earlobes, neck, lips.. I think people should have to cover those parts too. Oh no wait, just women should have to cover them. Now I know why women are forced to wear burkas in some countries. Must cover up all those sexual organs! D: 

23 minutes ago, Groobly said:

Yeeeeeeah, I tried Googling "sideways nipple" to see if that's even possible... There's some weeeeird shit there. :blink:

Mine sit to either side of my bellybutton, if that counts :P 

Well I mean, if you really mean pointing down, wouldn't you just be constantly stabbing yourself in the feet with your own nipple stalactites?

I bet no one's ever said that before.

52 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Haha yeah, the only actual 'sex organs' on the human body are the genitals, if we're speaking like, biologically. But yeah nipples are an erogenous zone on both men and women, as are the earlobes, neck, lips.. I think people should have to cover those parts too. Oh no wait, just women should have to cover them. Now I know why women are forced to wear burkas in some countries. Must cover up all those sexual organs! D: 

Haha, maybe they just think necks are super attractive, like ankles used to be. :P We gotta enforce societal standards on women based on the sensibilities of the men around them, after all.

53 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Mine sit to either side of my bellybutton, if that counts :P 

Lmao, I feel like that's the norm. Then again I wouldn't know, I don't really pay attention to that kind of thing. :P

41 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Well I mean, if you really mean pointing down, wouldn't you just be constantly stabbing yourself in the feet with your own nipple stalactites?

I bet no one's ever said that before.

Rare sentence is one of my favorite tropes. I usually notice it whenever it happens to me. :D

Alejandrogynous

I've noticed some people (not just here) seem to think Free The Nipple wants women to be allowed to go topless everywhere, and this really confuses me. Like, I don't want to see tits out in the line at Starbucks either, but how often are men just hanging out shirtless, waiting for their coffee..? All we want is for the law to be equal, the freedom to be topless in all of the same appropriate situations that men can be.

Maybe this is because I don't live in a tropical location. In Florida, are men allowed to be shirtless in stores and restaurants? Where I'm from, it's, "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

7 minutes ago, Alejandrogynous said:

I've noticed some people (not just here) seem to think Free The Nipple wants women to be allowed to go topless everywhere, and this really confuses me. Like, I don't want to see tits out in the line at Starbucks either, but how often are men just hanging out shirtless, waiting for their coffee..? All we want is for the law to be equal, the freedom to be topless in all of the same appropriate situations that men can be.

Maybe this is because I don't live in a tropical location. In Florida, are men allowed to be shirtless in stores and restaurants? Where I'm from, it's, "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

I will say even where I live in Tennessee I do see men every once and awhile without their shirts on in places you wouldn't expect. That said, it's usually in places like gas stations where they don't even really give a shit, and most importantly it's a place where men are allowed the choice. If a woman did the same thing in the same context I guarantee you it'd make headlines where I live. When I advocate for this sort of thing I'm personally envisioning beaches, parks, pools, and other such places you can commonly see men not wearing a shirt but can see a double standard of women being forced to do the opposite, but ultimately I just want the double standard to fuck off. Anywhere where a dress code is enforced, keep shit like this out, but if a dress code is meaningless somewhere, at least extend that not caring attitude fairly to both sexes.

6 hours ago, Philip027 said:

For clarity, did you mean horizontally rather than sideways? 

6 hours ago, skıt said:

Two words:

Nipple. Jousting. 

Mindbleach please :P

When it comes to double standards here there's always the clothing industry. "Male" clothing tends to be made of thicker fabric than "female" clothing. You never hear about shirts being translucent rather than opaque, a comment made about many blouses. 

Also, serious question here, because obviously I can't speak from experience. Is an uninvited nipple erection when constrained behind clothing rather uncomfortable. If so, further reason that people should be allowed to go topless if they so wish. 

I think we should take this one step at a time.

1) Allow women to go braless without fellow women shaming them for it nor fellow men staring/commenting at it.

2) Allow women to go without shaving

3) Allow women to publicly breastfeed

4) Allow women to go topless

All the above should be choices and I don't want to see a law in future that bans women from covering boobs (similar to what they are doing with burkinies- fully covered swim suit for Muslim women)

For clarity, did you mean horizontally rather than sideways? 

Yes

10 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

Well they’re gonna be heavier than my boobs anyway and hang down because gravity. 

I shall call them my breasticles :lol:

A shard of glass

I say free the nipple. Bras don't look comfortable, and making someone wear something that makes them uncomfortable is cruel IMO.

That being said, some bras (sports bras I mean) look not as uncomfortable. But I also want to ask the opposition: Try to breast feed a child through a shirt. Do it lel

I support it, but because I have a willy, some would say that I only support it because I'm a perv :(

A shard of glass
Just now, StolenCookie said:

@Baggage_warrior FREE THE NIPPLE! yeah bras are a pain!!

Do me a favour and remove yours!!! XD (no pervo) XD

A shard of glass
1 minute ago, StolenCookie said:

@Baggage_warrior

*cuts nipples off* there 

Nuuuuu DDD: you need nipples D: They're needed for... Uhhh.... Babies, and structure :3

Archived