What hand do you and your parents write with?

Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery

What hand do you write with and your parents?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Mum/mom

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • Ambidextrous
  2. 2. Dad

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • Ambidextrous
  3. 3. Me

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • Ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

My father is right-handed and my mother is left-handed. I checked "ambidextrous" for myself because I do many things like a left-handed person, but I learned to write with my right hand. I once asked my mom once which hand I used to draw with before I learned how to write, and she said both.

I'm conflicted on how to vote! The thread title and questions don't match :(
Me and my dad are right handed - simple, done.
My mum is left handed though, but usually writes with her right hand since she was forced to write with it in school.
Writing with the left hand wasn't allowed back in the day in her school (might smear ink and stuff I guess?) :/

Island-Of-Dogs

Mom- Right handed 

Dad- Right handed

Me- Right handed. 

My three brothers (Two elder half, one younger full) are also all right handed, as are the vast majority of my Mom's family. Dad was adopted as a baby, so no idea about his bio relatives, but all of his adopted family are right handed. So we're all a bit boring with regards to this feature apparently. 

My parents and I are all right handed, but my sister is left handed.

Quintus Crinis

mum: right
dad: right

me: "ambidextrous" - usually I use my right although it still isn't great, while my left is like a 7/8 year olds and my main hand elsewhere.
So my parents and I think that I may have been left but made to use my right from a young age.

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2017 at 7:54 PM, Dreamer23 said:

Writing with the left hand wasn't allowed back in the day in her school (might smear ink and stuff I guess?) :/

Some of it was teachers not understanding how to teach someone to write left handed and some of it was people associating the left hand with evil.

On 12/02/2018 at 3:44 PM, Correner said:

Some of it was teachers not understanding how to teach someone to write left handed and some of it was people associating the left hand with evil.

Even when I was at school, I recall teachers punishing left handed pupils for using their left hand 

LunarianLight

I'm the only lefty in my family.  Mom, dad, sis...all righties.  Don't ask me how that happened! :P 

• 2 weeks later...
Dark-Spirit

Left-handed here, and both parents right-handed.

Damn, being the only Left-handed kid in the whole class during school was embarrassing, and smearing ink happened daily.

I still don't know if I have a messy handwriting due to being left-handed.

• 1 month later...

Right handed parents, I'm a lefty.

All right handed

• 3 weeks later...

Right handed, left handed, ambidextrous 

• 2 weeks later...
KnowinglyDifferent

I'm not sure the author will see this, but could you maybe add an option for those with single parents? Like a third option that says "Not present" or "Unknown"?

Thank you!

Hayis4horses
9 minutes ago, KnowinglyDifferent said:

I'm not sure the author will see this, but could you maybe add an option for those with single parents? Like a third option that says "Not present" or "Unknown"?

Thank you!

Or also, ppl might have 2 dads or 2 moms. So maybe u could just put parent #1 and then ask for the gender and then put parent #2 and ask for the gender. Along with putting the option for single parents.

• 1 month later...

I'm left handed, parent are both right handed, but I think my mom is genetically left handed, but was force to write with her right, because that something that was a thing

Everyone in my immediate family is right-handed.

• 3 months later...

@Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived