Any 90’s Nickelodeon Kids

The_Reluctant_Dragon

The_Reluctant_Dragon

Even though I wasn’t born in the 90’s, I am a huge fan of many old Nickelodeon shows. What is your favorite cartoon? My favorite is Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. And what is your favorite character? My favorite is CatDog (I can’t choose between Cat or Dog). Comment down below!

I am the end of the 90's but I remember catdog and courage the cowardly dog and dexter and all those. I miss them because I feel like today's cartoons are not the same as before

The_Reluctant_Dragon
20 minutes ago, Lei_101 said:

I am the end of the 90's but I remember catdog and courage the cowardly dog and dexter and all those. I miss them because I feel like today's cartoons are not the same as before

Totally Agree

Grumpy Alien

I was a huge fan of Rugrats

nerdperson777

Is mayonaise an instrument?

flagsforhippos

I remember watching Renford Rejects on Nickelodeon UK in my teens, it had one of the best theme songs - 'Australia' by The Manic Street Preachers 

1 hour ago, flagsforhippos said:

I remember watching Renford Rejects on Nickelodeon UK in my teens, it had one of the best theme songs - 'Australia' by The Manic Street Preachers 

I loved renford rejects :)

I did like a few of the american imports too sister sister, Doug, Clarissa explains it all and Keenan & kel

My favorite was All That back in the day xD My way of referring to it is like the "kid/teen version of saturday night live" :P

I loved The Rugrats as a kid. My favorite character from that era is Ickis from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.

(I almost said Invader Zim was my favorite show and that Gir was my favorite character, but then I remembered that show didn’t come out until 2001).

Anybody remember KaBlam!? That was one of my favorites. "Action League Now! Starring the Flesh. He's super strong. And Super Naked". 

Other than Rugrats, and the earliest of early Spongebob, I can't think of any other 90's Nicktoon that I liked.

I have to admit though that 90's Cartoon Network was just a little better than 90's Nickelodeon.

Oh. OH. I FORGOT ABOT REN AND STIMPY!!!! HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THAT?!

Ren and Stumpy was the bomb.

Don't forget about Doug either.

*remembers all the ones mentioned already* I was born in the late 80's, so I grew up with 90's Nickelodeon. :D Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Ah Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life...ah yes, the good old days!!!

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Rugrats, hey Arnold, catdog, wild thornberrys are my fav!💖

Nobody mentions Dexters laboratory? :o  that was one of my favourite cartoons back in the 90's! My favourite episode is omelette du fromage, that one never gets old XD

Yeah i was in my 20's back in the 90's and i still watch cartoons now i'm in my mid 30's :D  Hey arnold, catdog and powerpuff girls are all good stuff i've watched since cartoon network oh and not to mention two stupid dogs and my fairy god parents

this thread makes me feel old. 

catdog

angry beavers

rugrats

i remember when spongebob came out

ang the last avatar, but that was later I think

I always hated hey arnold and a few others I refuse to think about

Definitely. I never really stopped watching cartoons though, but there's still some shows back then that I consider really amazing.

• Hey Arnold, one of the best cartoons that channel ever had. It's actually getting a new movie soon, here's the trailer. It looks great. :)
  • Rugrats, kinda defined an era. It had like three or four theatrical release movies that did really well at the box office.
  • Rocko's Modern Life, ALSO getting a revival movie. Here's that trailer.
  • Spongebob, which came a BIT late in 1998 so a lot of people try and take away it's 90's cred, but I still give it to it. Amazing show.

However, if you wanna get into the REALLY good stuff, you wanna start talking about 90's Cartoon Network. ;)

I had no idea Spongebob came out in the 90s. I felt too old for it when it came out but I guess I was actually younger than the target audience! 😂 (I was born in ‘92.) I assumed, because I felt that way at the time, that it came about much later. I know I felt too old for a lot of kids’ shows by the early 2000s even though I was still young. My favorite show at that time was Will & Grace.

NerotheReaper

Right here!

I think my favorite Nickeldon shows were:

- Rugrats

- Wild Thorn berries 

- Courage the Cowardly Dog (I wasn't allowed to watch it but I sneaked a few episodes in) 

- CatDog

Though we can't forget the awesome Cartoon Network shows and Disney shows :P 

I didn't know Rocko's Modern Life was getting a movie. :o

2 hours ago, Graveful said:

I had no idea Spongebob came out in the 90s. I felt too old for it when it came out but I guess I was actually younger than the target audience! 😂 (I was born in ‘92.) I assumed, because I felt that way at the time, that it came about much later. I know I felt too old for a lot of kids’ shows by the early 2000s even though I was still young. My favorite show at that time was Will & Grace.

I was actually wrong, it first aired in May, 1999. Still the 90's but on the very cusp of it. My mom always goes on about Will & Grace. I've never seen it though. Personally, I just never grew out of it, which I'm glad I didn't cause cartoons are better today than they've ever been. :P

1 hour ago, Gloomy said:

I didn't know Rocko's Modern Life was getting a movie. :o

Yep! So is Invader Zim, which is early 2000's but still. Nick is having a big nostalgia revival, and all of it looks really good so far. :)

i was born in 1999 so i probably don't count, but i like old nick more than new nick. i don't even watch tv anymore, so idk what they show now.

old spongebob is better.

flagsforhippos
7 hours ago, Jayce said:

@OptimisticPetrified Wrong. Nickelodeon broadcasted Dexters lab here in NL for awhile.

Hey Arnold is also originally from Cartoon Network aswell as catdog and Ren and Stimpy.

I'm pretty sure CatDog and Hey Arnold! were Nickelodeon originals. They may have been broadcast on different networks in different parts of the world but I think these shows debuted on Nickelodeon.

7 hours ago, Danny99 said:

i was born in 1999 so i probably don't count, but i like old nick more than new nick. i don't even watch tv anymore, so idk what they show now.

old spongebob is better.

You definitely do count. And I agree old Nick is better, with the exceptions of Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness and The Penguins of Madagascar the best Nick cartoons I've seen are all pre-2005.

3 hours ago, flagsforhippos said:

I'm pretty sure CatDog and Hey Arnold! were Nickelodeon originals. They may have been broadcast on different networks in different parts of the world but I think these shows debuted on Nickelodeon.

No they didn’t here, I’ve looked it up and KETNET (A local tv channel) broadcasted hey Arnold  for the first time and catdog was on cartoon network (i think) We didn’t have nickelodeon back when it started out but years later after the shows were a big thing overseas.It used to have a different name here (Kindernet) They could have been a nick original in the us/overseas but not here back in the days when they debuted.

@OptimisticPetrified forgive my booboo :D i confused KETNET with cartoon network XD 

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Jayce said:

Because we watch too many cartoons :D 

Spongebob is my favourite! That guy never gets old :P 

Same !!! Love it ;)

I have always wanted to get some spongebob related tattoo lol

• 6 months later...
Artsy Anvil

I love 90s Nickelodeon TV shows. Especially the animated ones. My favorite show is definitely Catdog. Catdog happens to be my favorite character too. I just have a huge nostalgic connection with the show.

Late 80's early 90's (mostly reruns though), David and Gnome and Muppet Babies. I also watched Doug a lot. 

Archived