New Moderator Member Needed: Tea and Sympathy and Welcome Lounge: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the Moderator for the Tea and Sympathy and Welcome Lounge forums, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

You can only run for one office at a time.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 5 October to Thursday, 12 October: Nominations.

Thursday, 12 October to Sunday, 15 October: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 15 October to Sunday, 22 October: Voting.

There are so many wonderfully friendly and supportive people AVENites who would be really good at this job. Throw your hat in the ring if you want to give moderating a try! :cake::cake:

I've only been a member 3 months and I have been lurking more than posting lately, but I'd eventually like to get into moderating. Good luck and thanks for your efforts to those who run.

I'm just bumping this (not running lol). :cake: If anyone has ever considered running, go for it! These are awesome forums. Welcome Lounge was my baby for a long time, and I'd be happy to answer any questions about it. : ) I know there's a lot of very caring and hardworking AVENites that would be great on the team!!

If I wasnt running for another thing, I'd join. Good luck to all who enter, though!

I was going to run, but apparently admods don't want me to run... so... 

18 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

I was going to run, but apparently admods don't want me to run... so... 

That's not true and you know it. Since you made everything, including the draft, public here (and it's been declassed): "Although warnings last for 3 month, since you were demodded you will not be able to run for another position for 6 months."

This rule was changed, per this post, 31 July. These rules are never applied retroactively, therefore you're not eligible to run for an elected position until 30 November.

1 minute ago, .Lia said:

That's not true and you know it. Since you made everything, including the draft, public here (and it's been declassed): "Although warnings last for 3 month, since you were demodded you will not be able to run for another position for 6 months."

This rule was changed, per this post, 31 July. These rules are never applied retroactively, therefore you're not eligible to run for an elected position until 30 November.

So you're telling me that someone that got demodded after me would be able to run for mod before me? Because that's the insane system that admods have set up here. Besides, the original wait time as 6 months because warnings used to last 6 months. Regardless, I'm not decking it out with you here. I've made my case, and admods have been heard perfectly clear here. I petitioned to run, and I know that there were admods that agreed with my stance here.

19 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

So you're telling me that someone that got demodded after me would be able to run for mod before me? 

Yes.

Like I said, I'm not going to duke it out here, but that's incredibly messed up. Especially considering what I pointed out earlier.

Whether or not people agreed that rules should be applied retroactively or not had no stance on your case. No rules are ever applied retroactively, whether they'll have a positive or negative impact on the user. Admods feeling it's a silly rule, or a ridiculous rule, doesn't have any affect. It's all I'll say on the subject so that others may nominate themselves if they wish to.

15 hours ago, .Lia said:

giphy.gif

Is this you throwing Simba into the ring? 'Cause if so, yay!!

If anyone else is thinking of running, please do! *prepares pom poms for the campaign round*

And Faerie, I'm sorry that the way the rules are creates a disadvantage for you. I hope you trust me when I say that I personally would love to see you run again at a later time, but that I also personally cannot feel good about applying rules retroactively. We decided on the three month instead of six month ban after your case, so we cannot apply that rule to you. The loophole that you point out should be over soon, and I'm sorry that you got caught up in it. I hope you decide to run in a later election when you are eligible again.

1 hour ago, .Lia said:

I threw @Puck, but yes.

*dashes over to catch Puck*

Toooouuuccchhhddoooooowwwwwnnnnnn!

*gently puts Puck back down in the circle*

19 hours ago, Heart said:

And Faerie, I'm sorry that the way the rules are creates a disadvantage for you. I hope you trust me when I say that I personally would love to see you run again at a later time, but that I also personally cannot feel good about applying rules retroactively. We decided on the three month instead of six month ban after your case, so we cannot apply that rule to you. The loophole that you point out should be over soon, and I'm sorry that you got caught up in it. I hope you decide to run in a later election when you are eligible again.

I hope you understand, but I really cannot trust the admods when they say that they'd like to see me run again after reading my report and appeal thread. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the applying the rule retroactively thing. However, I've been put in a situation that's difficult at best and makes it impossible for me to take anything admods say at face value. It's not just about me running here, it's about the fact that I never should've been warned in the first place, and admods have no leg to stand on here.

How can you tell a member that they can't see their report for 3 months because they'd still be mad when it's very clear you've handled both a report and an appeal in the heat of the moment? (I mean 'you' as in admods as a whole, not you specifically) And how can I trust the admods when they say they'd like to see me run again when I've been warned based on a negative bias against me? Hell, how can I even trust admods when admods have straight up told me attaching my name to an idea will get my ideas ignored in the back room?

I understand, there are some admods genuine in their desire to see me in the back room again. I'm not blaming each admod specifically here, but admods as a whole has made it perfectly clear that I can only give my criticisms to admods as a whole rather than name those specifically that have attacked me in my report and appeal threads. 

So there's been a few things made perfectly clear to me:

1. My opinions don't matter.

2. Admods don't encourage a discussion between other admods in which both sides disagree respectfully.

3. I, as a member, can't really trust admods to give their unbiased opinion on anything that concerns me.

And don't get me wrong. If I had been warned for a legitimate reason, I'd agree wholeheartedly with the admods stance on this. However, it's the fact hat the reason why I'm not in the back room right now is because of a negative bias against me that makes me unable to agree with the decision to not let me run.

Also, I think the idea of not applying a rule like this retroactively is stupid. I understand if the TOS changes makes something against the rules or not all of the sudden, you don't want someone to get in trouble for something not explicitly stated on the TOS at the time of making a post. However, there's no real benefit to applying it to things like this. How would things have changed if the rules were different? Nothing would have changed. However, like I said. If I deserved to be punished, I'd accept that. No matter how stupid I thought the rules are. It's everything else on top of the stupid rule that irritates me.

NerotheReaper

Please keep on topic, I understand the situation that is being discussed is frustrating. However, I do ask this thread to be reserved for nominations and allowing a healthy environment for members to nominate themselves to run. 

Archived