Just Jared Jr - Cole Sprouse Won't Stop Fighting For Jughead To be Asexual in 'Riverdale'

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/09/07/cole-sprouse-wont-stop-fighting-for-jughead-to-be-asexual-in-riverdale/

7 Sept 2017

Seems like the same interview from this post, but different source.

Spoiler

Cole Sprouse has been very vocal about Jughead’s asexuality that’s seen in the comics and bringing it onto Riverdale.

While Jughead may be with Betty right now on the CW series, that doesn’t mean that they’ll be together forever.

Jughead was still figuring out his sexuality in season one and in a new Reddit AMA, it seems that is still the case.

However, Cole isn’t going to just let that storyline go. In fact, he’ll still be fighting for it to happen.

“Of course, I haven’t stopped the dialogue. I’m sure I’m quite the pest,” Cole says. “Can’t spoil too much unfortunately, but this topic was one of the first I discussed with [Riverdale creator] Roberto [Aguirre-Sarcassa] before this season started.”

Cole continued, “I’m also of the mind that our show’s discussion of such content needs to be done with tact, so that the group in question doesn’t feel betrayed by some half-hearted attempt to make it feel honest.

“As I’ve said in the past, we need to shoot these questions towards the creative team too[.] Every voice counts in this conversation.”

We’re glad he’s keeping the conversation open about this.

Riverdale returns on October 11th on The CW.

Archived