Platonic cuddling? Platonic kissing?

Touchofinsight

I think most people who dont see kissing/cuddling as possible platonic behaviors don't want platonic relations they just end up them.

NicoleHolmes

I feel your frustration. I have been wanting physical affection with my friends but know they would perceive it as sexual. Not sure who in my life would be okay with this kind of affection without taking it a way I don't mean it.

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2017 at 5:05 PM, banoffeepie said:

1. omg you're not defective!!!    Well if you are I am.

I identify with romantic and maybe a bit sensual (not too much! Just like you describe  lol)

2 Talk to them and see if there's a compromise you shouldn't deny what you want. There's always a compromise but it has to be a happy one too and that might not come about.

Like loads of people you have that 'Will I ever find someone in the same part of the spectrum as me?'

Good question, I hope it pans out there are so many people saying they want just what you do I'm sure you could find a hug-buddy. :D

omg this is making me so happy that there are TWO people that are the same as me. I go on ace forums/subs a lot and see a lot of discussions/jokes but never any that i could relate to completely like this. I honestly didn’t know there are other ace people who like kissing (their friends, not their partners) and i’ve always worried about the other person getting the wrong idea so i never do it (also i’m not really out to my friends yet). thank you both so much for sharing, it’s so nice to know there are others like me :’) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lucy Sage said:

omg this is making me so happy that there are TWO people that are the same as me. I go on ace forums/subs a lot and see a lot of discussions/jokes but never any that i could relate to completely like this. I honestly didn’t know there are other ace people who like kissing (their friends, not their partners) and i’ve always worried about the other person getting the wrong idea so i never do it (also i’m not really out to my friends yet). thank you both so much for sharing, it’s so nice to know there are others like me :’) 

Make that three people 😀

I don't think I'd kiss anyone platonically -- I remember, while briefly visiting France, being freaked out by the tradition of greeting others with kisses on the cheek -- but I do (well, did) routinely cuddle with my friends! I do enjoy being in physical contact with people I trust and am close to, and I don't like that to automatically be perceived in a sexual (or even romantic) way at all.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 10/2/2017 at 12:08 PM, EmmaDilemma said:

Kissing and cuddling aren't platonic. It never has been, and it never will be. If somebody cuddles with you, they want to hook up.

This is just my opinion, but I think kissing is more romantic, not platonic. I think cuddling can be platonic or romantic.

Also, I am living proof that wanting to cuddle with someone =/= wanting to hook up with them.

Janus the Fox

Locking this as it’s several years old and been over a year of no commentary.  Commenting into a recent thread or making a new thread is encouraged.

Janus the Fox

Current Policy Administrator, Covering Announcements, Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Relationships, Gender Discussions, Tea and Sympathy Site Comments