Anyone tried asexual dating sites?

prettydarncoolperson

prettydarncoolperson

What's up, guys? I'm wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with asexual dating sites or knows any good ones. Anyone have any stories?

TheLastOfSheila

Years ago, I tried acebook.  No success.  I never tried any other asexual dating sites, but I have seen posts from members who have tried others.

I've been recently using ACEapp. It's set up almost exactly like OKCupid except you can choose whether or not you are looking for just chatting with people, friends, or relationships. It's fairly new, but I see new people show up everyday~ I quite like it a lot. I have two new friends because of it~

Just now, Dellakat said:

exactly like OKCupid

Oh and I was told that OKCupid had an asexual setting, so I tried it, but it does not have a romantic orientation option. Also, I hardly ever saw other asexuals, and I was swarmed with messages all the time, and I hate letting people down, so I would try to respond to all of them, so it just made me really stressed..

I'd like to know too. I heard acebook was filled with trolls,spammers and scammers. Not to mention a lot of sexual men too. This made me a bit apprehensive about acebook. Any other good ace dating sites ?? I think ace dating sites are the last hope for romantic asexuals... the probability of meeting an asexual person itself is so slim. We should have ace-bars. Or maybe something else to identify ourselves.It would be good if more asexuals actually wore an ace ring. 

5 hours ago, Starbucks Covfefe said:

I didn't even know that ace dating sites exist! WOW. 

Lol....u seem even more lost than me !!! :lol:

prettydarncoolperson
Just now, lazypanda said:

I'd like to know too. I heard acebook was filled with trolls,spammers and scammers. Not to mention a lot of sexual men too. This made me a bit apprehensive about acebook. Any other good ace dating sites ?? I think ace dating sites are the last hope for romantic asexuals... the probability of meeting an asexual person itself is so slim. We should have ace-bars. Or maybe something else to identify ourselves.It would be good if more asexuals actually wore an ace ring. 

I know, right? I've just recently discovered I'm ace and have been kind of bummed to find a lack of support groups, etc. In fact I just dropped by my university's LGBT+ center and the guy knew less about ace than me, haha. Must be because we're so rare and special! Whoo!

I'm trying asexualcupid.com right now, and while it is fairly small compared to other sites there are people active on there and I've already got to connect with one or two, so I'd recommend maybe giving that a try. Communication is annoying and the only way to do it without paying is comment directly on their profile unless you pay (and I'll die before I pay for a dating site!!) but it's still fairly easy to work around.

Yep, tried 'em... except for the lack of lewdness, they're just as ineffective as the mainstream dating sites.

• 6 months later...

Hi there, found this topic on the web. Wanted to say I was on an asexual website appx ten years ago and it was empty and void. I am happy to see so many members here. Glad to have joined here today.

• 1 month later...

Ive tried a site but no results so far. Hope others are having better luck. nice to at least chat on here. Anyone live near Edmonton Alberta Canada   Lol  Ok I really want to meet someone.   Im 61 male. Ive worked as a youth worker for 27 years. Love my job. I like Yoga and Martial Arts. I really enjoyed riding my bike at farmers market today. i live in the great white North Lol  But it was warm today. So awesome

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, Starbucks Covfefe said:

I didn't even know that ace dating sites exist! WOW. 

same:D but where i'm from they probably don't exist since asexuality isn't a very familiar concept here

• 4 months later...

I know this topic is over a year old but I just started using asexualitic.com and I think I've found some success and rather quickly too. I didn't pay for the full membership, just put my instagram info on there and wrote out my profile. I've met some people on there and one guy I've been messaging with for over a week now that I've hit it off really well with that is less than two hours from me.  We are both asexual(although I am grey and he isn't), don't mind the bit of distance, and seem to be looking for the same sort of relationship based on close friendship. We both plan to meet up sometime soon so hopefully it keeps going well ;)

honestly I haven't been on the site long enough to gauge if its a fraud but the people I've talked to on there seem innocent enough. Just asexuals that want to talk and mingle with other asexuals really. 

On 9/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, Dellakat said:

Oh and I was told that OKCupid had an asexual setting, so I tried it, but it does not have a romantic orientation option. Also, I hardly ever saw other asexuals, and I was swarmed with messages all the time, and I hate letting people down, so I would try to respond to all of them, so it just made me really stressed..

I put "queer ace" front and center on my profile.  I decided to be very up front about who I am and what I'm here for.  So far... no one has messaged me 😕 You would think that with an estimated 1% of the population being asexual it would be easier to find each other... 

Squirrel Combat

I had an eight month relationship with a girl I met on Acebook. I can speak for pretty good results on there.

I was reading through this to see if other people have had success on ace dating websites. I really want to try but I'm scared it will be an empty void. I don't want to sign up and get bombarded by sexuals or trolls or spammers or..

TheLastOfSheila

I think a lot of different factors will play into whether or not one gets a response, or responses, to one's ad, i.e., age, race, location, as well as whether or not aesthetics are an important factor.

• 4 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 2:19 PM, prettydarncoolperson said:

What's up, guys? I'm wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with asexual dating sites or knows any good ones. Anyone have any stories?

I've been using OkCupid and ACEApp. On ACEapp I've got only 6 people in my area and only 3 have relied to messages. Had some really nice chats but most end after a month and I don't hear from the guys ever again. With ACEapp I mainly get messages from people who live in other countries. With OkCupid I've personally had much more luck, I've had some really good conversation with non-aces who understand and accept I'm ace. I even had short term relationship with a guy who was cool with me being ace but he moved back to the states. I've found 3 aces (who are guys) on total on the site but only one was in my area and I had nothing in common with him.

I'm actually going on a date with someone from OkCupid, that I've been talking to for a few months next week 😊 

Update: The guy I went on the date with turned out to be on the asexual spectrum and we are now dating 😁👍

I'm not the best at relationships, but the best result I had was through OKCupid. Yes, it has an option for asexuals but not for romantic orientation, so I had to be specific in my profile.

I got a lot of spam from allo men, so in my profile I explicitly stated that I would ONLY reply to messages with "A OK" in the subject line. It basically let me filter out the gross messages and ensure that I was only interacting with people who had read my profile and knew what they were getting into.

Archived