Black ring

theperksofbeing

Perilous Poozer

For women worried about phobic responses you could wear a 2mm and stack it in a set with something else? Sorry, I like jewellery 😊

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A person That is real said:

Thx i try but sometimes its really hard to be asexual in a very sexual world

You said it man... :/ 'Tis hard for us souls who have no sexual attraction... We are not broken, but ourselves... Weary travelers in a foreign land...

5 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

@A person That is real try wearing it on a long chain you can hide under your shirts . And with everyone else , I don't see how wearing a ring is 'girly' . Be who you are and not who people want you to be . ;)

giving you hugs :)

He's Frodo now LOL! :lol:

• Like 3
arekathevampyre
Just now, A person That is real said:

Wow that must make life intresting

yeah so interesting they keep thinking that every guy I talk to is a boyfriend (cause I am born female - agender) lol 

weird 

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Perilous Poozer said:

For women worried about phobic responses you could wear a 2mm and stack it in a set with something else? Sorry, I like jewellery 😊

I wear my ace ring with another ring now . Haha over doing my jewellery since I wear lots of bracelets on my left hand and everything is on my left hand (my rings are on the left too) and my right hand is bare . 

• Like 1
A person That is real

5 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

yeah so interesting they keep thinking that every guy I talk to is a boyfriend (cause I am born female - agender) lol 

weird 

So true that happens to me all the time and everyone thinks i am hetrosexual so it sucks a lot.

• Like 1
Perilous Poozer
13 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Oh no . I hope your finger is okay !! Didn't know hematite is so dangerous !! 😭

is tungsten heavy ? Just wondering . Cause mine is stainless steel and it is quite light . 

Hematite is gorgeous but very brittle and I’m clumsy :blush:. I understand tungsten is relatively heavy but I really don’t notice it. I forget it’s there. I wear a bunch of other jewellery too though, so I guess it’s all what you’re used to!

• Like 1

Yeh, I wear quite a bit of jewellery too, and given my wardrobe my ring doesn't exactly stand out (I wear all black most of the time)

I got mine quite cheep in a mall and paint it with black nail polish every once in a while 

• Like 2

Had no idea there was an ace ring. Currently waiting for my nail polish coated one to dry. (;  I've had it since 7th grade and never worn it but it has a little upwards arrow thingy on it which I believe is fate because ^ looks like A and A= AsExuAl. Conspiracy  of the century. 

• Like 2
arekathevampyre
33 minutes ago, Perilous Poozer said:

Hematite is gorgeous but very brittle and I’m clumsy :blush:. I understand tungsten is relatively heavy but I really don’t notice it. I forget it’s there. I wear a bunch of other jewellery too though, so I guess it’s all what you’re used to!

I see . Luckily I didn't choose hematite as I am super clumsy haha 

Great to know that you are happy with your tungsten ring and yay for knowing another who love to wear lots of jewellery too !! :)

• Like 1
arekathevampyre
33 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

(I wear all black most of the time)

me too . I own a bunch of other dark shades too and the white shirts are just living in my wardrobe lol

52 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Oh no . I hope your finger is okay !! Didn't know hematite is so dangerous !! 😭

is tungsten heavy ? Just wondering . Cause mine is stainless steel and it is quite light . 

Tungsten is almost 1.5x as dense as lead. It just beats out gold too. My ring is a solid tungsten band, so it's heavy but I got used to it. Only took a week.

• Like 2
arekathevampyre
4 minutes ago, A_Osmyde said:

Tungsten is almost 1.5x as dense as lead. It just beats out gold too. My ring is a solid tungsten band, so it's heavy but I got used to it. Only took a week.

I see . I had always thought that gold is the heaviest metal lol seemed like I failed my science badly haha

1 hour ago, A person That is real said:

Ok, so pretty much my entire family is straight. So they expect me to also be straight, and so they won't let me wear a black ring because aparently it's too girly ( yah know except for like wedding rings) for me to wear a ring. And on top of that is they found out I wanted to wear it because I am ace they would think that something is wrong with me and make me see a doctor or some other shit.

You could try doing what I did. I got a ring that has multiple meanings other than just being an ace ring, so I could use those as an excuse for why I wanted it. I collect elements, so a tungsten ring fit right in, and it also has a symbol engraved on it with personal significance. Maybe you could try finding a black ring that fits in with other interests you have? Then you'd have a real excuse. Might be more expensivr than a plain black band, but then you also have a scapegoat if someone asks about it and you don't want to come out.

• Like 2
A person That is real

37 minutes ago, A_Osmyde said:

You could try doing what I did. I got a ring that has multiple meanings other than just being an ace ring, so I could use those as an excuse for why I wanted it. I collect elements, so a tungsten ring fit right in, and it also has a symbol engraved on it with personal significance. Maybe you could try finding a black ring that fits in with other interests you have? Then you'd have a real excuse. Might be more expensivr than a plain black band, but then you also have a scapegoat if someone asks about it and you don't want to come out.

That  is a really good idea i never thought about that!!!

• Like 1
arekathevampyre
41 minutes ago, A_Osmyde said:

good idea haha

4 hours ago, A_Osmyde said:

That is a good idea 

theperksofbeing
7 hours ago, mistfallen said:

Had no idea there was an ace ring. Currently waiting for my nail polish coated one to dry. (;  I've had it since 7th grade and never worn it but it has a little upwards arrow thingy on it which I believe is fate because ^ looks like A and A= AsExuAl. Conspiracy  of the century. 

haha nice. tell me how the ring ended up looking for you bc honestly my ring looks pretty terrible up close. mine has an engraving so it makes the color look uneven in spots (plus, my paint job was just generally bad ha) 

28 minutes ago, theperksofbeing said:

ring looks pretty terrible up close

Mine does too, lol. The color looks more dark brown than black and it feels weird on my finger but it'll do until I can get a "real" one!

theperksofbeing
5 minutes ago, mistfallen said:

Mine does too, lol. The color looks more dark brown than black and it feels weird on my finger but it'll do until I can get a "real" one!

yeah same. i'm not out to my family yet but i'm hoping the ring will actually be an avenue for me to come out so i can order a "real" one off amazon soon

10 hours ago, A person That is real said:

Dude I want an Ace ring so bad but there is no way my parents will let me get one:mellow:

You could do what I did and buy one anyway. It doesn't even have to be a ring - I have two O-rings (car parts) because they were only £1.50 in Halfords (other stores are available) and then my parents had some spare car parts out of the ones I couldn't fit on my finger. In the end it's your descision, and you can just take it off around them if they do t like it. 

1 minute ago, Lichley said:

You could do what I did and buy one anyway. It doesn't even have to be a ring - I have two O-rings (car parts) because they were only £1.50 in Halfords (other stores are available) and then my parents had some spare car parts out of the ones I couldn't fit on my finger. In the end it's your descision, and you can just take it off around them if they do t like it. 

My first ever ace ring was a bit of that plastic wrapped wire that holds toys in place in boxes. I twisted it to make a ring (and then I lost it and got a ring that I painted with nail polish)

• Like 1

I really like the idea of a symbol for asexuality. It could spare having to bring up the subject, or it might serve to meet people who feel the same (and who, due to never really discussing these things outside of AVEN, I would otherwise never meet). I'm not too fond of wearing rings, though (I still get nervous about never being able to get them off), so I occasionally wear a black ring on a chain. However, not only are people less likely to see it, I also generally wear more black than any other colour, so a black ring wouldn't stand out too much to begin with.

I suppose I carry it around because I like the idea behind it, more than anything else ^_^

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dragon_nerd said:

My first ever ace ring was a bit of that plastic wrapped wire that holds toys in place in boxes. I twisted it to make a ring (and then I lost it and got a ring that I painted with nail polish)

Same! Actually, I liked my plastic ring so much, that when I lost it, I just made another one. :lol: Now, I also have a thin sterling silver ring that I color with a sharpie every so often.

• Like 1
time traveller jedi

I had a ring I'd painted with black nail polish, but it was so messed up I couldn't fix it anymore. Fortunately, in my town, there's a fair every Sunday where people sell all sorts of stuff. It's very cheap too, so I when went there with my mother and grandmother I bought two black rings :). I like them a lot, and my mom said they look nice on me (she doesn't know their meaning), so I always wear one of them whenever I leave the house. 

My ring came today!!! It's SOOO cool! I'll have to show you it, you guys!

• Like 4

For any of you who cannot get a ring because of your family, I totally understand. My ace ring is just some doubled 22 gauge wire pained with black nail polish and a sealant, it may not be professional, but it works. My mother didn't ask about it or question it after I started wearing it, I think this may be due to a lack of knowledge on the symbol; however, if your parents would "flip out" and possible hurt you because of this, please, do what is best for you. Stay safe! <3

I do have a story, though! At my first GSA meeting this school year I met four other aces and I was so happy! Before this I had never met another ace. I know that this was a LGBT space, but I was so excited for the rest of the day:)

arekathevampyre
On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 2:03 PM, A person That is real said:

So true that happens to me all the time and everyone thinks i am hetrosexual so it sucks a lot.

:(