Black ring

theperksofbeing

Black nail polish works, its what I do with my ring. You have to touch it up every now and again though 

On 10/31/2017 at 11:47 AM, colossalpenguins said:

I lost my ring on the way to work yesterday as I was attempting to do about 6 things at once :( 

After two full work days without it I was done with not having a ring so went out after work this evening to buy a replacement. I couldn't find one exactly the same style and size but the one I bought feels exactly the same on my finger even if it looks different.

I took the precaution of buying two this time just in case I lose or break my new one. At ¥600 it was totally worth getting two!

:-( Sorry to hear you lost your ring.

But yay! that you managed to find one that feels the same.

I wear the ring! On the wrong finger currently because I jammed the correct one a month ago and it's STILL too swollen to wear. 

colossalpenguins
17 hours ago, checkerboard said:

:-( Sorry to hear you lost your ring.

But yay! that you managed to find one that feels the same.

It's honestly weird quite how quickly I missed it and how well this new ring fits my finger. The outside of the ring definitely feels different, this one is carved to have more of a texture than the old one on the outside but it's the same material so the inside feels the exact same. I'm really glad I'd already found this shop.

• Like 1

I really want to get one, but only two people I know are aware that I'm ace. I also don't know where to get one... Online is not an option. Any ideas?

@Son of Fray

Claires, any other cheep accessories store, that black wire that charger cables are held in loops with when you buy them

Lie-RennyValkyrie_

I have a plain black stainless steel ring that I wear all the time execpt when i sleep because i almost lost it once and I have a titanium "one ring" from LotR coming soon. If I need to take it off for anything, either Cosplay or medieval costuming I put it on a string around my neck. 

• Like 1

I've only recently got my ace ring, and I adore it, even if it's slightly too big as the seller didn't have half sizes. It's a super basic black band, so it goes with everything I wear, which is a massive plus! It's such a subtle way to say I'm ace, and definitely become a large part of my identity, and it's weird when I don't wear it out,  or even in my house. No one apart from my housemates have picked up on the meaning behind it, but I've become a lot more confident in myself wearing it, which is pretty weird. :P

• Like 1
On 03/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, dragon_nerd said:

@Son of Fray

Claires, any other cheep accessories store, that black wire that charger cables are held in loops with when you buy them

Any shop that sells gemstone rings may have hematite ones.

• Like 1

A few months ago I was in a train and a person wearing a black ring on the right middle finger narrowly missed it. I was so disappointed, I would've loved to ask them about their ring...

My own ring is still only a temporary solution, I made it smaller by glueing in a piece of leather and I have to paint it black again every other month which is kind of annyoing.

@Alexandra Kale Does the CD permanent marker work? Because the normal Edding doesn't. Unless I cover it up with transparent nail polish I end up with a black stripe on both my index and my ring finger.

Before wearing my ace ring I wasn't a ring person, either. Now I relate to all those who miss the ring when they forget to put it back on.

Alexandra Kale
29 minutes ago, Julian of Norwich said:

Does the CD permanent marker work?

Actually no. I had my fingers black and ring is dark gray again. :mellow: But few days ago I bought diamond top coat, so I can try repainting it again.

• Like 1

Mine is also my partner ring with my girlfriend. She gave it to me and hers is just a little lighter than mine. She is the only person who I feel truly understands what it means that I‘m grey a. I never considered getting one but this way it means so much more to me. It‘s what I am and also her acceptance or even appreciation for me.

Question from a newcomer - does the black ring represent asexuals only, or can it be worn by grey-a’s, demi’s etc? Also, would a future change in (a)sexuality mean one would have to stop wearing it (if that were to ever happen)? I’m working stuff out and would really like to have a token to represent how I’m feeling now, but wouldn’t want to get it wrong and upset anyone! Thank you :)

I wear mine everyday, it feels like a part of me. Even before I had it I used to wear rings everyday, but this one makes so much sens to me. I love it. I have another ace friend, and she wears one too, but I never really saw someone else wearing one. I fell like it's not something people knows about, even asexual persons? I don't know. I feel like it's not that commun.

7 hours ago, HunterXII said:

Question from a newcomer - does the black ring represent asexuals only, or can it be worn by grey-a’s, demi’s etc? Also, would a future change in (a)sexuality mean one would have to stop wearing it (if that were to ever happen)? I’m working stuff out and would really like to have a token to represent how I’m feeling now, but wouldn’t want to get it wrong and upset anyone! Thank you :)

I guess it would too! If it makes you happy to wear one, just do it you know. And if later your sexuality changes, or something, you could keep on wearing it if you actually like wearing a black ring. Not everyone who wear black rings are ace. It's up too you! But my opinion would be, everyone can wear one if they like it, whether they're ace or not. Maybe people who knows about the ring thing will assume you're ace, but I feel like not that much people knows about the meaning behind the black ring (at least in my country). Even if it's a sign for ace people first, you shouldn't worry about it too much! :) (my opinion, feel free to disagree) 

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a lot of rings. I usually wear a stack of three on my middle right finger. Hematite, Silver, Oxidised Silver. The one-and-a-half black rings (The oxidisation has all but worn away now) are completely coincidental, but oddly appropriate.

Shadowstepper

I wasn't sure if I wanted to start wearing the black ring. Just by chance I stopped by the jewelry counter at walmart and they had a single black ring in the case. I asked to see it and it just happened to be the exact size I needed. The ring cost exactly how much cash I had in my pocket at the time (I don't normally carry cash at all).

I took all that to mean I was ready to wear the ring.

• Like 8

I got my black ring during spring of junior year (high school) so I've had it for almost a year and I wear it everyday I go outside to a place (school or grocery store, etc) it's become a part of me and I love it! 💕

• Like 1
arekathevampyre
1 hour ago, Shadowstepper said:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to start wearing the black ring. Just by chance I stopped by the jewelry counter at walmart and they had a single black ring in the case. I asked to see it and it just happened to be the exact size I needed. The ring cost exactly how much cash I had in my pocket at the time (I don't normally carry cash at all).

I took all that to mean I was ready to wear the ring.

this is cool !!

It was all meant to be I guess :)