Evanescence Thread

arekathevampyre

arekathevampyre

Saw on the 'Comment Your Favourite Band' thread that there are a number of Evanescence fans here . Though the numbers are small , I wanna meet you guys (on AVEN at least) so go ahead and talk about all things EV , past and present . Also , don't forget to pre-order the new album 'Synthesis' , out on 10 Nov !!! GO for the concert if you can !! :D

post anything , photos , stories , videos (from YOUTUBE ONLY) , anything , really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love EV so much , I am obsessed lololol

Evanescence are one of those bands I heard as a youngin, and still like, along with Linkin Park (their early stuff from around the same age) and System of a Down. I still do like some of their stuff, and had a bit of a binge on them the other night.

although it's not *really* my type of music, I can easily consider Evanescence one of my favourite bands ever. it has started when I was 13 and saw the video for Bring Me To Life (which is my #1 song of them until today).

I own all their albums from Origin to Evanescence :D

there is some obvious industrial influence in their music, so I guess it's one of many reasons why I love them. (you won't deny it, they've used electronic sounds in basically all their songs :P)

btw, what are your thoughts about their newest single and about the 2017 version of Bring Me To Life

*side note: some of my outfits are somewhat Amy influenced :D

3 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

although it's not *really* my type of music, I can easily consider Evanescence one of my favourite bands ever. it has started when I was 13 and saw the video for Bring Me To Life (which is my #1 song of them until today).

I own all their albums from Origin to Evanescence :D

there is some obvious industrial influence in their music, so I guess it's one of many reasons why I love them. (you won't deny it, they've used electronic sounds in basically all their songs :P)

btw, what are your thoughts about their newest single and about the 2017 version of Bring Me To Life

*side note: some of my outfits are somewhat Amy influenced :D

That's about when I started lsitening to them roughly, when I was around 13/14. Also, Amy is awesome, and she did have sorta cool outfits :D

31 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

That's about when I started lsitening to them roughly, when I was around 13/14. Also, Amy is awesome, and she did have sorta cool outfits :D

truth has been said :D when she was younger, she had lots of great outfits :3 even though she said she's never considered herself a goth.

I see you're just one year older than me, so we must have been at similar age :P

arekathevampyre
40 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

what are your thoughts about their newest single and about the 2017 version of Bring Me To Life

Imperfection was really really good - very motivational lyrics since it was about losing someone so it definitely relates to whatever I am going through .

The 2017 of BMTL is epic !! Orchestration makes everything more awesome than before , also , the vocals are more emphasized !!

1 minute ago, arekathevampyre said:

I need this omg

there was some really good industrial influenced rock music there <3 :3

I guess Away From Me and Field Of Innocence are my favourites from this album. how about yours? :3

That's one thing I like about Evanescence. WHile having good songs with an awesome voice, the emotional bits can be rather...kathartic.

arekathevampyre

I got BMTL stuck in my head since I was 7 (2003) and didn't know any lyrics , only the tune but managed to find it on youtube anyway . 2 months after they came to my country (2012) . Watched the mv and blown away !! Til today it remains one of my favourite vids .

Just now, arekathevampyre said:

Imperfection was really really good - very motivational lyrics since it was about losing someone so it definitely relates to whatever I am going through .

The 2017 of BMTL is epic !! Orchestration makes everything more awesome than before , also , the vocals are more emphasized !!

yay :D

I must admit I like the 2003 version the most, but that's just me :D it was surprising to hear a song that is generally electronic, but it was great *.*

what about the solo music of Amy? :3

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

there was some really good industrial influenced rock music there <3 :3

I guess Away From Me and Field Of Innocence are my favourites from this album. how about yours? :3

definitely field of innocence . didn't relly get to hear much of it so I have to go youtube first before I can anwer you .

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

what about the solo music of Amy? :3

LOVE IT !!!

I bought her kids album 'Dream Too Much; , a fun album to listen to when you are feeling like crap .

Recover Vol. 1 was interesting since it is a cover album .

Her single , 'Speak To Me' is hauntingly beautiful .

and of course , 'Love Exists' - the electronica vibes are good paired with strong vocals

arekathevampyre

did you guys watched the livenation live stream of EV's concert at Paramount , NY (23 November '16) ?

I watched it and it is so addictive !! The concert was mind blowing :D 

Now I need to go dig at the money I am left with to purchase the vinyl boxset (which no one want to bring in to my country) and pre-order 'Synthesis'

BTW , Lacrymosa with orchestra is super haunting omg

Why does their songs that have piano as the basis of the song so creepy (eg . Good Enough) ?

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Antihero. said:

As you already know I’m not a fan of Evanescence and Amy Lee but I have to say that “Bring me to life” is indeed a really good song. I especially like this cover version of it :P

I also like “My Immortal” and the same artists made a decent cover version of that too:

I too have some bands I started to listen to when I was around 12/13 and which I still appreciate and listen to from time to time. For me those would be Disturbed and Slipknot though  ;)

And I've probably derailed the thread a little just now .... 
^_^

No problem !! Thanks for the reminders of Gregorian's covers of EV songs . sadly Gregorian disbanded . I wanna see them live so bad . They also did covers of other bands I like , one of it being Within Temptation

Huh, I recently binged their music not too long ago, too.  It was one of those bands that I used to listen to a lot to as a teen.  Gonna be honest tho, listening to the music now, not as good as I remember it to be.  Fallen's album hooked me immediately because that was the album I listened to growing up, and I downloaded a lot of the songs I used to listen to on that album again, but the other albums were... um... yeah no thank you.  Amy's voice felt very flat imo, like she was holding herself back.  It got a bit better with their self-named album but it wasn't enough to hook me.  But that's just my stupid opinion y'all.

HOWEVER... I had no idea they had a new album coming out.  When I binged their work the wikipedia page didn't update it with a 2017 album coming out, so now I'm surprised and interested.  It's been 84 years!  I listened to the 2017 reboot of Bring Me To Life and wow, that's beautiful.  A nice update.  A bit disappointed with the track listing of this album when it consists of revamps of old songs.  I wish they were making new material and not just redoing old music.  Imperfection is a really nice song, though, I feel like she has her full potential shown through.  She has a powerful voice and I felt like it wasn't utilized in the other albums, but here I can actually HEAR how her voice feels to me and not nu metal blaring in the background.  Awesome, welcome back Amy.  

21 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

BTW , Lacrymosa with orchestra is super haunting omg

Lacrymosa is the reason I got into Evanescence! I first heard them when I was 15, and I listened to their music so often that I memorized the lyrics of every song, the order of the albums, and the starting pitches of each song. That was an intense summer. I could probably remember the order in which I first listened to each of their songs if I tried. I have a hard time choosing favorites--I loved them all. Some that stood out to me were Field of Innocence, Understanding, Imaginary, Snow White Queen, and Lithium. 

I can get behind Imperfection. It was so nice to hear a new song. The instrumentation is beautiful, and I know I'll learn to love the lyrics. I haven't listened to the new Bring Me to Life. I don't know why but I never really loved Bring Me to Life or My Immortal (blasphemy, I know). Don't get me wrong; they're great songs. I just liked other ones a lot more. I'll have to get to listening to it though.

UPDATE: I just listened to the new Bring Me to Life, and wow! Those strings were amazing! It was weird not to hear the second voice part, but I imagine that if this was the original I would have liked it a lot more. Although, I did miss the guitar.

arekathevampyre

@a minor triad that's nice . Yeah those songs you mentioned are really good . I feel that their music is super relatable so that's the reason why I love them so much :)

My immortal is one that acts as a thorn in my flesh . It is really painful to listen to but sometimes , I admit , I do love to feel the pain (rather than being numb) . 

Yeah the new BMTL is unique but I agree with you missing the guitars because after all , it is a guitar driven song so it's a miss . But I love orchestra so bias here haha

arekathevampyre
8 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Love evanescence, one of my favourite songs is "Call me when you're sober." 

me too . I love the music video especially the part Amy was with the wolves - beautiful :)

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, arekathevampyre said:

@a minor triad that's nice . Yeah those songs you mentioned are really good . I feel that their music is super relatable so that's the reason why I love them so much :)

My immortal is one that acts as a thorn in my flesh . It is really painful to listen to but sometimes , I admit , I do love to feel the pain (rather than being numb) . 

Yeah the new BMTL is unique but I agree with you missing the guitars because after all , it is a guitar driven song so it's a miss . But I love orchestra so bias here haha

Orchestra fan here, as well! The thing I really like about Evanescence is that over the years, I have always been able to find at least one song (often more than one) that I really identify with. They were really the first band I listened to whose music wasn't one my mom's radio station. 

Archived