What animal is in your life and gives you comfort?

• 1 month later...

I have 2 precious rescue cats Yoshi who is now 13 and Sandy who will be 6 in January. My parents have a Pomeranian who is 5 and is a real joy. I wish I could have a large dog. I love border collies and German shepherds and also springer spaniels. 

I have (currently) one cat and two miniature dachshunds, but have had two other cats (one who knew how to use the toilet, no thanks to me) and rescued a greyhound.  All of my cats have come from shelters.  My next dog/cat will too.  A home is not a home without a dog or cat.  I love coming home to them at the end of the day (but am full of guilt for leaving them alone all day, but someone has to earn the bucks for their food...).

A local cat called Kobus, who lives somewhere near my parents' :lol:. Unfortunately no pets of my own, but this'll do in the meantime ;)

• 3 weeks later...
TheGeekyNobody

I love animals in general, but i definitely am closest to two of our cats. We have three cats and 2 dogs. The third cat likes my parents more than me, she and our hairless cat are really old and I just have to assume i did something when i was younger to this cat that I don't remember but she has a grudge because she does not like me at all. Felix is our youngest cat and when he's not tearing up things he's a sweet heart. He gives little hugs and is just loving in general, it's adorable. Our spynx Smeagol is really demanding for attention and he snuggles with me nightly. He also comes and hangs out with me when I'm upset, he's really just a sweet cat. The dogs love me but they love everyone XD. I'm more of a cat person, I don't have the energy to keep up with the dogs, but I do still enjoy playing with them even if in the end it just ends up with them tug of waring with the toy I'm throwing and I'm no longer able to get it from them to throw haha

I can't imagine life without a cat right now.  I had three cats, ages 18, 19, and 20.  Two had cancer and had to be put to sleep, and the last one died suddenly.  Life without a cat seemed rather dull and empty.  There was less work and no litter box to clean, and no cat hair to brush off constantly.  But there was also no furry, lovable living thing to sit on my lap and purr while I read a book, or to sit next to me while I watched lousy old Star Trek re-runs on my cheap digital TV.  So I got a nice old cat from the local shelter.  Life is good again.

She is sitting on my lap while I type this...  no kidding, she really is...  I just don't have an I-phone to prove it.

My cat, Gabriel Jiyong. :)  I think he is like... almost three years old already maybe? Very furry, soft-furred ginger I think is the term. Long/medium hair. He's not a cuddler, but he likes belly raspberries, and being pet and stuff. And food of course. He tolerates sitting near us but if we move, so will he. Or if we come over to sit near him, he moves half the time. Oh. He will also check to see if we're dead if we are particularly still for a certain amount of time; basically coming over and snuffling our faces, and he'll be like 'oh,' and then leave. The first time he did that, it was adorable(it's still adorable).

18 hours ago, thylacine said:

So I got a nice old cat from the local shelter. Life is good again.

So glad you decided to get an older cat--they have so much to offer!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this cat. I was out roaming about one day in the farm fields and thought I heard a cat. I told mum about it and she told me to go look for it. So I did. Lo and behold it's a half starved kitten with two broken back legs making her way through the field. I picked her on up and that was that. She's been with me ever since through thick and thin.

My 2 dogs are my world :) I'd throw people under the bus for them haha

everywhere and nowhere

I don't have pets because of my allergy. However, I also admit that while I highly respect animals and for example don't eat them - I just don't want to take this kind of responsibility on myself. Don't judge people who don't have pets as weird.

But I have a whole family of plush tigers and lions, including Tiger Paul, currently 36 years old - the reason for my lifelong tigermania in person...

Archived