I wrote an article about conflating sex and romantic love! Please read it :)

Sebastian Grace

Sebastian Grace

I wrote an article about conflating sex and love for my university paper. You can find it here. I don't frame this as an ace-specific issue because it's aimed at people who have never considered that this conflation is a problem. But I am ace myself and this is an issue that lots of aces deal with. Please view it on the original site because it would mean a lot for the site's admins to see that people want to read about this and they might accept more similar content in the future. 

If you have thoughts, feel free to share them!

Thank you!!!

a couple years ago for a class I wrote a dinky 'research' paper more or less about conflating love and sex.  It was for a class about the idea of love in religion.  I got an A on the paper but it was for an undergrad course so the standards were low lol.  

I think this topic is interesting though.  I found this article the most interesting when writing.  I've only got my citation thing but the PDF link should still work

Sternberg, Robert J. "A Triangular Theory of Love." Psychological Review 93.2 (1986): 119-35. Web. 05 May 2016. <http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/~dmoore/psych199/1986_sternberg_trianglelove.pdf>

Sebastian Grace

Thank you! My piece is less academic and more of an opinion article? But I will definitely take a look at the paper you posted :)

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

@Sebastian Grace Great article. My favorite statement from it was this: 

"Some proponents of sex positivity will say that sex is an inherently good thing and that everyone should have it. I often find this attitude in queer spaces too. For me, this is compulsory sexuality rebranded. Sex positivity ought to encourage people to figure out their own relationship to sex and what it means to them. It ought to give them space to engage with sex as much or as little as they like. It should promote conversations between partners, between parents and children, between educators and community." 👍👏

Archived