Ace Tintin.

Tintinfan

I'm not sure that article is fully accurate... These quotes make me question it's validity.

"Were in on the joke"

"The farce was so enormous" 

Lucas Monteiro

To say that Tintin is a woman is already an exaggeration, now that he is asexual I do not know. I'm very fond of Tintin, I grew up watching the series, and then reading some of his books. But I do not think we have enough evidence to tell whether he is asexual or not.

What even led him to believe that Tintin was asexual?? The article doesn't mention it at all. I mean, I'm fine with that as a headcanon, but...

9 minutes ago, mori child said:

What even led him to believe that Tintin was asexual?? 

I actually think the language used was "Probably asexual" 

Tintin asexual? It's possible I mean he never seemed to have any sexual attraction but none of the characters did. I think it may have more to do with Tintin being a children's comic that first appeared in 1929. If the characters weren't married no sex was had and if they were sex was implied it was a different time I guess.

Looks like a lazy article about a half-baked idea that is purely speculative. More click-bait material than anything worthwhile. And the graphics whoever chose for the article are even lazier - a pic of Tintin in a kilt (in the part saying Tintin sometimes wears women's clothing), some fan art of female "Tintins". I'm sure you could find similar pics for many fictional characters. And many of them also never had sexual activity in the fiction. Lack of depictions of sex doesn't make a character asexual. Nor does lack of showing a romantic relationship.

Archived