Homoromantic guys chat

GeekyGamerZack

Wow, I think I had a moment of some kind. I was lined up at the cinema, and I saw a guy behind the counter serving a customer. My first thought was, "Wow, he's cute." As it happened, he was the one to serve me when I bought my ticket, and I was babbling. As in not able to form a coherent sentence, and forcing myself to cobble one together. It didn't help that he was friendly; in fact, I think it only made the babbling worse.

When I went back to redeem my free popcorn, the same guy served me. Again. He must've thought...you know what? I don't know what he thought. All I know is that I may have had my first real crush at the age of 30. (Or was it a squish? Whatever it was, it was a moment.)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

awwww ❤️

• Like 1
On 7/5/2018 at 2:00 AM, GeekyGamerZack said:

Wow, I think I had a moment of some kind. I was lined up at the cinema, and I saw a guy behind the counter serving a customer. My first thought was, "Wow, he's cute." As it happened, he was the one to serve me when I bought my ticket, and I was babbling. As in not able to form a coherent sentence, and forcing myself to cobble one together. It didn't help that he was friendly; in fact, I think it only made the babbling worse.

When I went back to redeem my free popcorn, the same guy served me. Again. He must've thought...you know what? I don't know what he thought. All I know is that I may have had my first real crush at the age of 30. (Or was it a squish? Whatever it was, it was a moment.)

I do this a lot. But I never have sex thoughts about them. I just think they’re really good looking. 

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
22 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I do this a lot. But I never have sex thoughts about them. I just think they’re really good looking. 

That's exactly what I was thinking! I mean, his niceness was what really started the whole thing, but there was definitely an initial attraction... 😊

Still, it's hard to be attracted to a guy and not know if he's attracted in return.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Still, it's hard to be attracted to a guy and not know if he's attracted in return.

this. but also, it's hard to be attracted to a guy who is straight ._.

I just realised that I had (and apparently still have...) a crush on one of my friends. he was always awesome and nice to me, but I doubt he was ever attracted to guys. now I have absolutely no chance to get to know anyway.

• Like 1

I agree. I don’t see that as a crush. It’s more an infatuation. For me when I see some guy really good looking I don’t have sexual or romantic feelings but I do desperately want to be friends with them based on how they look. Weird I know. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
5 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Huh? A crush on a straight guy? I’m confused now. What’s with your boyfriend? Weren’t you engaged and wanted to marry? Did something change about that during the time I wasn’t on AVEN?

nah the only thing that has changed is that I'm in Belgium now :P nothing has changed between me and my bf as he is the biggest love of my life, but I guess I was somewhere between squish and crush anyway. I have no chance to ask my friend what he feels, though. he passed away two weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

nah the only thing that has changed is that I'm in Belgium now :P nothing has changed between me and my bf as he is the biggest love of my life, but I guess I was somewhere between squish and crush anyway. I have no chance to ask my friend what he feels, though. he passed away two weeks ago.

😰

• Like 1
3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru

Hi everyone :) 

I'm new to the forum.

Asexual but very much homoromantic here. 

Ah... holding cute guy's hand... nothing beats that, for me ^^

Come on, make fun of me hehe.

• Like 1

Welcome, @Jyulz!

Holding a guy's hand is a thrill! How could we make fun of that?! :)

• Like 2
3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru
2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Just getting a text returned does it for me 

Lmao yeah sometimes that in itself is an achievement for me too! 

3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru
2 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Jyulz Welcome! 😄

640px-Pavlova_dessert.JPG

Not to play favorites but this is the tastiest looking cake I've been offered for a welcome. Thanks!^^

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
49 minutes ago, Jyulz said:

Not to play favorites but this is the tastiest looking cake I've been offered for a welcome. Thanks!^^

Glad you like it. It's a delicacy of my home turf. 😁

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
7 hours ago, Jyulz said:

Hi everyone :) 

I'm new to the forum.

Asexual but very much homoromantic here. 

Ah... holding cute guy's hand... nothing beats that, for me ^^

Come on, make fun of me hehe.

hi! *waves* nice to meet you :3

3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru
4 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

hi! *waves* nice to meet you :3

Hi! 😊 Cool avatar, is it you? 😳😳

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, Jyulz said:

Hi! 😊 Cool avatar, is it you? 😳😳

thanks! ❤️ yeah, it's me in my full outfit :D what about your avatar? :3

• Like 1
3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru
2 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

thanks! ❤️ yeah, it's me in my full outfit :D what about your avatar? :3

Lol it’s me... with cat whiskers.

Coooool outfit!

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

Okay, I've had girls flirt with me in the past (even if it DID take a decade before I figured it out 😅 ), but how can you tell if a guy is flirting? A lot of guys are nice to me (I guess it's 'cause I try to be nice myself 😊 ), but I honestly couldn't say if any of them are flirting...

Also, I'm wary about asking anyone out in case they reject me, so that makes it even more awkward. 😕

3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru

@GeekyGamerZack

it’s easier than you think, in most cases.

Tell-tale signs of a guy flirting with you may include:

- them going out of their way to prolong the interaction longer than necessary,

- overlooking the mistakes you make and “over appreciating” the good things you do,

- being overjoyed when you show any sign of reciprocal interest,

- being very nice, suuuuper nice to you,

- being likely to offer an opportunity to *or* enquire about the opportunity to have another interaction later on,

- smiling... a lot of smiling,

- for the more forward types, getting into your personal space, complimenting on your appearance...

Bonus Track: flirting by message can be detected by observing the following:

- very quick replies no matter what time it is 

- sending more numerous and longer messages than what you reply to them 

- sending lots of pictures 

- asking whether you are busy, how you are, etc...

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack

@Jyulz I had a moment of attraction with the guy who served me at the cinema last Thursday, and I could probably check off quite a few of those. When he said to me, "I haven't seen you in a while," I was embarrassed that I didn't recall meeting him before then, so I guess that could count as being forward.

Then there was the super niceness, the constant smiling, his positive reaction to serving me again when I redeemed my free popcorn, and he didn't seem to mind my babbling while he served me both times. There was definitely something, even if it was only a one-sided attraction. The weird thing is I'm still thinking about him five days later... 😊

3isdfj2948324u3ugjeru
6 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Jyulz The weird thing is I'm still thinking about him five days later... 

Haha sounds adorable. So what will you do next, since you have been thinking about him so much?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jyulz said:

Haha sounds adorable. So what will you do next, since you have been thinking about him so much?

I would go to the cinema more. 

• Like 1